Aleix Vidal

StarLord

Both Arda and Vidal will get better.

They've had a huge gap and have just started this year.

Let's judge by the end of the year.

Probably correct.

I mean, even Suarez was rusty for a month or two after his long absence last season. And Suarez's absence was smaller than these 2.

khaled_a_d

Gr8 1st half ,good second
He fit the offense like a glove ,once he master his defensive role he will be gr8 starting RB for us in the future

xXKonan

I thought about this (Probably a lot of you guys as well) he could Develop to be our "Jordi Alba" on the right hand side of the defense. The Standards Alves laid down here will be hard to reach but if he can Develop into a great RB like Alba has at LB for us we will be good at the spot for years to come when Alves eventually calls it a day here.

I was reading some Valencia Spanish fan forum and some of them were pissed they didn't splash the cash on Vidal when they had the chance.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It appears I'm in the minority here but I am not comfortable with Vidal's integration into the squad, particularly in terms of defense

malvolio

seems he is more of a squad player. will have to buy a worldclass(or potential) starter for the position in the summer.

Messi983

Impressed me far more than Arda so far. Great, great game.

I kinda agree, although I like what I've seen from Arda so far as well. But I think adapting to Barça's midfield is harder than adapting to RB position. Just look at Rakitic at the start of last season and now. He just needed time to adapt and fully understand his role within the team (that's not saying he wasn't good last season, but he's just better this year). The same with Arda. We probably won't see the best from him until next season. And while I like his versatility, playing different position every game doesn't really help him to adapt right now, but longterm (over the next 2 or 3 seasons) we'll profit from that.

I don't think it's a question of forgetting his defensive duties just that they are far weaker than his offensive ones...He's a better option as a winger than defender IMHO

That shouldn't be a surprise considering he's been a winger for his whole career before Emery converted him to RB last season. I agree he needs to improve defensively, but with his work ethic I have no doubts he will.

And as some other mentioned, he's still a bit rusty for not playing for 6 months.

Best RB we had in the last decade except for Dani Alves.

No love for Oleguer? :(

seems he is more of a squad player. will have to buy a worldclass(or potential) starter for the position in the summer.

And who would that be? There are not a lot of worldclass RBs around. Just give Vidal time to fully adapt to the team and I'm confident we'll be very happy with him.

J

Jamie Cal

It appears I'm in the minority here but I am not comfortable with Vidal's integration into the squad, particularly in terms of defense

Yeah, the last few games I wouldn't call him more than 6/10. Technique needs a lot of work too.

barcanuck

He certainly proves to be an upgrade over Montoya, Douglas and even Adriano in the few games we've seen him! Good depth signing Lucho!

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He had a couple of cheeky moments. I remember a Rabona pass to Bartra after his initial forward pass was deflected and came back to him.

Home of Barca Fans