Aleix Vidal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Vidal is arguably worse than Roberto defensively, although Roberto has been quite bad there himself lately.

But Vidal has that explosive pace, able to pass the ball behind the defence. Is decent linking up with others. If Lucho is smart, he'd give the guy a chance now to turn it around.

lol, what knee jerk reactions based on a game against a side that played amateurish.

Sorry, people shouldn't be allowed to say he played well or should perhaps get more chances.

Not unless his name is Fabinho or someone else.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I said it in the chat and I'll say it again: if used properly I think he could be a very valuable sub. In a handful of tough games this season, Lucho has opted to make a late sub of taking off a defender and subbing in Arda to double up on the left flank with Neymar (as if Neymar himself doesn't provide enough width :lol:). Yet our right flank remains crippingly weak since Messi doesn't actually play as a right winger.

Having Vidal there with his pace/energy could be exactly what we need in a deadly super-sub to stretch the opponents wide and give space. He's also very skillful with cutbacks instead of crosses and increase our dynamic attacking options. It seems to be a common-sense sub but we haven't even utilized it once.

Jombi

Sorry, people shouldn't be allowed to say he played well or should perhaps get more chances.

People can say whatever they want. And I say that the reactions are knee jerk reactions based on a game against a side that played like amateurs. People in here dont say "he played well" and leave it at that though. No one disagrees that he played well in this one game.

George_Costanza

If Lucho is smart,

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

serghei

I said it in the chat and I'll say it again: if used properly I think he could be a very valuable sub. In a handful of tough games this season, Lucho has opted to make a late sub of taking off a defender and subbing in Arda to double up on the left flank with Neymar (as if Neymar himself doesn't provide enough width :lol:). Yet our right flank remains crippingly weak since Messi doesn't actually play as a right winger.

Having Vidal there with his pace/energy could be exactly what we need in a deadly super-sub to stretch the opponents wide and give space. He's also very skillful with cutbacks instead of crosses and increase our dynamic attacking options. It seems to be a common-sense sub but we haven't even utilized it once.

I agree. To me he looks more decisive with his movement, the way he moves in space is very determined and almost makes you pass the ball to him. He received some passes that Roberto doesn't usually receive. He helped our game massively on the right, and for the first time in some games, we were not as obsessed to play on the left.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Heartwarming celebration for a fantastic goal...

To be honest, our right flank looked better with him while attacking...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everyone in the team certainly celebrated his goal. Lucho seemed to be happy too, but then with his actions shows something else.

God Serena

His offensive contribution has never been a question. The problem is when stacked up against any semi competent attacking team he turns to a total mess.

God Serena

Roberto has been a defensive mess for a while now.

But Roberto has at least shown he has a capability of defending when on form, while Vidal has not.

Not to mention Roberto has the quintuple stack advantage of being a pretty Catalan developed in La Masia who's loved by the coach and can play multiple positions.

Home of Barca Fans