Aleix Vidal

J

Jamie Cal

Just don't be surprised if Vidal flops. The guy is after all still unproven. Half of good season with Sevilla is not enough for 25 year old player.

Oh, definitely. I didn't see him much at rb, but he was a good-ish winger. Pretty much everyone we have at rb is just a place-holder til we bring Bellerin home in a couple of years anyway.

JamDav1982

Just don't be surprised if Vidal flops. The guy is after all still unproven. Half of good season with Sevilla is not enough for 25 year old player.

Do you think he will flop?

Of course he could. Any player ever signed could but I dont think he will.

anguy

Do you think he will flop?

Of course he could. Any player ever signed could but I dont think he will.

I just think people should not have too high expectations. Nowadays I read things like "he'll take RB position from Alves after winter break" or "Munir&Sandro are not good, but after Vidal is registered we will finally have good backup forward". It's just too much faith being put into player who, again, had just half good season on top level during his whole career.

Jombi

Vidal is a very professional player and works his a** off. I think he will be a good addition to the squad. Versatile too. And fast.

Co0ter

He is a direct player who is good at a select few things. His big test will be whether or not he can handle defending vs top clubs. Think of him as a Jordi Alba on the right. Really fast and incredible work-rate. I wouldn't really count on him as a RW, his finishing is not quality enough to play there for us.

J

Jamie Cal

If nothing else, we'll have a versatile, honest guy, and a big plus is being Catalonian, important to have squad players with Catalan blood in their veins.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho won't change the system for Aleix so question raised in the article re. his role (Alves pre-March, post-March) is easy to answer.
Vidal will either play Dani's current role or be used as a sub in 2nd halves (quality sub we've been aching for) playing as right forward when Messi tires and moves to false 9.

As article says, Catalan has a knack for assists and I don't doubt he'd be a success playing that forward role.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he'll be an asset as an impact sub when the opposition are starting to get tired. His calculated runs, pace and stamina got the potential to cause all sorts of problems.

JamDav1982

Lucho won't change the system for Aleix so question raised in the article re. his role (Alves pre-March, post-March) is easy to answer.
Vidal will either play Dani's current role or be used as a sub in 2nd halves (quality sub we've been aching for) playing as right forward when Messi tires and moves to false 9.

As article says, Catalan has a knack for assists and I don't doubt he'd be a success playing that forward role.

Who do you think they would sub off for Vidal?

Cant see it being Suarez or Lucho going with a CF and a false nine.

Might be similar to Real game where a harder working RW allows Messi to play AM but that could be a bit dodgy in close games when Messi hardly presses in midfield.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Suarez mostly and sometimes Neymar.
Or maybe a midfielder if Messi drops deeper.
And then there are potential injuries of MSN to consider.

JamDav1982

Suarez mostly and sometimes Neymar.
Or maybe a midfielder if Messi drops deeper.
And then there are potential injuries of MSN to consider.

Maybe. Just cant see the front three being subbed off with any great regularity.

I think he was bought with Lucho knowing that Alves could not be able to play as much as in the past, main role being to cover for him and as you said injuries across the front three or even left back.

Not convinced he would have been bought if they knew how Roberto would develop as he has covered a lot of that.

Home of Barca Fans