Aleix Vidal

vinni

In THIS match valverde wanted the RB to be in very advanced positions for long periods of the match, Because of alaves's organized block and their reluctance to go forward and open spaces, My point is that semedo hasn't encountered anything like this while in benfica as a RB, Being asked to stand very forward almost along the same lines with the forwarders for long periods ,Sergi or even if it was vidal, Are much comfortable with that, As roberto already played a RB for us for an entire season, And vidal is a natural winger, A natural RB like semedo will never be suddenly feel at home with the eccentric way our full backs operate and stay up the pitch for prolong periods of time, Something that is with time and experience he'll get the hang of it, That's my whole point, I don't know why this turned into a rocket-science debate.

And i even said, That if this were against another la liga team that was willing to attack more, Or if we had our suarez and neymar replacement present, Then valverde would've put semedo in the line-up, As sergi+vidal is unbalanced and just suicidal, But our hands were a bit forced in this match.

Sounds reasonable to me. I think Valverde is very weary about who to start in away matches. From this lineup he seems to rely on experience when we play away. I still think we should have started Denis on the right wing but dosent matter much now. We are off to a good start :)

xXKonan

By the looks of things he's no longer our second choice RB behind Semedo. and he's also way down the quota in the Wing positions as well.

That preseason performances cost him big time in the RB spot.

behindbrowneyes

Yes. He will have a hard time to make it even into the match squad. Sergi Roberto is above him because he is >"second choice" in CM and can cover RB too if the situation requires it.

Zinedinho

By the looks of things he's no longer our second choice RB behind Semedo. and he's also way down the quota in the Wing positions as well.

That preseason performances cost him big time in the RB spot.

Which was only to be expected, judging by his pathetic performances as a RB.

As a winger, he's average at best. As a RB, he's a nightmare. Good bye.

kilian

So we are back to hating this guy, right?

Why would we hate him? He always played with motivation and tried his best. Sadly, his level is just not enough for Barca, but he is a likeable guy who gave all that he could when he played and there`s no reason to hate him. The problem is in our scouts and sporting directors, not him or any other player in the squad.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think those 5 months he missed because of the transfer ban and another 3 months missed due to the injury have had quite an impact on him. He used to be much more explosive with better technique. His defending is disastrous anyway though.

xXKonan

He's a hard worker and a nice guy but unfortunately he struggled to find his role here as his performances at RB have been mostly terrible due to so many defensive errors. no matter how hard he works in training he just doesn't have it. :(

It's like Roberto at RB as well. he's better than Vidal on the defensive end but he has his limitations and no matter how much Roberto trained hard and played it was clear those limitations he had at RB would always be there and he would be better used in the Midfield.

Some players can make the conversion from CM-RB Winger-RB etc, but in this case Vidal and Roberto unfortunately couldn't do it.

kattanib

For some reason I seriously dislike this guy on a personal level even though I don't know him. My intuition tells me that he is a c**t and has serious attitude issues. Also he doesn't track back or care enough to fulfill his defensive duties

Home of Barca Fans