Adrien Rabiot

Porque

To be fair and serious, I think Rabiot will get his minutes from Rakitic and Busquets. Those are the two positions that he is intended to cover with and being either Rakitic or Busquets eventual replacement. The Sports department will try to convince him that playing DMC in Barcelona is not the same as playing DMC in PSG or another club and the functions of this role at our club. Whether Rabiot buys that is a different question.

This transfer could end up a great surprise like Lenglet or could end up a catastrophe (although there will be re-sale options).

Personally I would prefer the investment into Frenkie, but what this move does do is mean that we are not in a desperate situation at the negotiating table this Summer. Same case with Todibo and De Ligt. The board may very well have learned from the Dembele and Coutinho deals and lined these up so we are in a position to financially walk away from CB and CM deals this Summer that are too extractive.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To be fair and serious, I think Rabiot will get his minutes from Rakitic and Busquets. Those are the two positions that he is intended to cover with and being either Rakitic or Busquets eventual replacement. The Sports department will try to convince him that playing DMC in Barcelona is not the same as playing DMC in PSG or another club and the functions of this role at our club. Whether Rabiot buys that is a different question.

This transfer could end up a great surprise like Lenglet or could end up a catastrophe (although there will be re-sale options).

Personally I would prefer the investment into Frenkie, but what this move does do is mean that we are not in a desperate situation at the negotiating table this Summer. Same case with Todibo and De Ligt. The board may very well have learned from the Dembele and Coutinho deals and lined these up so we are in a position to financially walk away from CB and CM deals this Summer that are too extractive.

If Rabiot is going to play DM for us then the only thing we can do is praying.

cro-man

The only problem i see with him is his attitude and his mother. Psg and his nt couldnt handle him. He wont have it here easier either so i am a bit confused why he chosed us as his next club.

serghei

Some of us wrote essays on the subject. FDJ can be Busquet's heir for sure. He can play DM, CDM, and even sweeper. Rabiot won't offer anything new for the club we already have Raki.

Busquets's heir? Who's gonna be Guardiola's heir, because Busi was twice as good with Guardiola on the bench than without him. I think I'd rather have a more traditional DM. If someone like Kante would still be on the market he'd be ideal.

Sorin

Frenkie is not a DM either.

Yes he is. Both for Ajax and Holland. True, he can also play as a CM which would make him all the more desirable. Meanwhile Rabiot's best position is DM and he doesn't want to play it. He is decent as a 6 and below-par as a 8.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So more money but risking sitting on the bench is a good option? Him and his mother must be dumb if its just about money. I hope that our club is not including some stupid starter clause in his contract.

And that is exactly what I heard, caving in to their demand. I too hope it is not true.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At least he's coming on free transfer. Imagine if they paid 10m to PSG or something. Fuck that.

That said I wouldn't mind him coming right now. Could judge his attitude the first 6 months and see how he fits in.

Neeraj

On what basis are we giving this clown 10M a year? I don't get it. Just because you're a free agent, why ruin that deal by destroying your wage structure even more?

I get that we have Messi who distorts the wage structure a bit, but it's clowns like Rabiot and Arda Turan, that we should not be handing out such large wages to. Let him prove himself here, then you can give him a big fat wage. This is why free agents are such a double edged sword - you're stuck with a guy on your books, and a seemingly problematic guy at that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Seriously, we are going after free players and saving all the money for what? To pay off our debt or there is a huge deal coming like Neymar?

I hope not.

Home of Barca Fans