Adrien Rabiot

Joan

It's not cold in Barcelona. :lol: Like him as a player but he's got attitude problems. Would be an upgrade, though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not cold in Barcelona. :lol: Like him as a player but he's got attitude problems. Would be an upgrade, though.

He's like Rakitic. Better technically.

I would rather have another profile and not just sign players for the sake of it, besides we need WC or close to WC quality right now. Rabiot is not that yet. I would have him as a backup to the two MF positions before I got to know about this attitude problems.

BBZ8800

He's also soft(Said he couldn't do his best in a France friendly because it was cold) and got attitude issues.

Our whole team is soft and has schoolboy issues.
Rabiot looks like a lion compared to 80% of our team :lol:

I know about these stories with a French NT and attitude problems.
Maybe it's time for some jerks and bullies in our team? I am not trolling. (Not Neymar's type though. That is totally a different level.)
I am tired of Iniesta-Busi-Samper schoolboys who crumble on any away CL's 1/4s match.

Paulinho can't pass.
Gomes has confidence problems and doesn't know how to play football in general.
Denis is good for U13 level of football.
Samper, the same, U13 level.
Rafinha, probably gone.
Rakitic, good, but quite old already and people don't like him.

So, out of midfielders, we currently have only Coutinho, who is not a midfielder at all.
And Arthur, who hasn't played a minute in Europe and could turn into a horror show easily.

When you sum it all, Rabiot really isn't the end of a world.
Especially if the board is looking for one taller/somewhat stronger/different midfielder.
Rabiot is better than Paulinho and Gomes.

For fans who still live in Pep's days, Rabiot is a big no.
For me, if we are taking risks with players like Arthur, maybe De Jong and similar, why also not try with a profile like Rabiot, if he can come for a reasonable price?
I mean, Denis and Gomes were given a 2 years chance here.
Rabiot can't be worse than them.
(Someone may reply: enough of tests, we need proven players. But then, we bought Arthur, that will be another hit and miss test. Then Alena, then Oriol etc. We are testing all the time.)
I wouldn't mind test this guy also :/
Unlike Arthur, De Jong and Alena, this guy actually has tons of 1st division and CL experience.

Last edited:

DonAK

We need quality right now, not another talent. Especially not a soft player whose mom-agent keep calling managers around the World bothering them to sign her son + threatening the club he plays for all the time.

Arthur and Alena are enough talents. The 1st team is not a youth team facility. It's limited with how many prospects and young talents you should have.

I'm surprised YOU [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is advocating for another talent's signing instead of an established player that can help us and lift the midfield RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

Joan

Rabiot is not a talent in the mold of others mentioned. He's not a finished player but had played 2 (or more) seasons as a starter for PSG. That's not Alena/Arthur kind of test.

He might get better but he's not inexperienced.

Last edited:

DonAK

Rabiot is not a talent in the mold of others mentioned. He's not a finished player but had played 2 (or more) seasons as a starter for PSG. That's not Alena/Arthur kind of test.

He might get better but he's not unexperienced.

He won't add the much needed quality boost either, that's the point.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We can forget about re-creating what we used to have in Xavi-Iniesta. Messi was more mobile back then too.
Maybe all we really need are fresh pair of legs to cover for Messi and few others.

Jombi

Is Rabiot dissatisfied?

A player who is young can certainly add quality right now. If a player dominates some of the best leagues in the world, at a young age, he is considered a talent, but he can still be a rapid success for us. Just look at the extreme example of Real Madrid's backline in the CL final, 3 out of those 4 were bought as 18 year olds and rapidly became important parts of the team. And we dont need to buy 18 year olds. Thats extreme.

DonAK

We can forget about re-creating what we used to have in Xavi-Iniesta. Messi was more mobile back then too.
Maybe all we really need are fresh pair of legs to cover for Messi and few others.

We cannot recreate that ever again, but we can follow the basic foundations Cruyff laid down that have led to this club's most success, which is something Real Madrid seem to be following more than Barca right now when it comes to their midfield signings. Besides, Rabiot is hardly the most mobile player either or the fastest player. It's still more of the same problem.

Who would you get?

His contract expires next year, he shouldn't be pricey.

I'd rather pay over the odds for quality than waste another year on a player similar to what we already have that will offer no solutions. Going for cheap signings or La Liga experience or something different have led to the midfield getting fucked and toyed with in the CL.

Eriksen or Thiago, or even Pjanic. Eriksen in particular with his engine and great workrate as well as creativity would be great.

Is Rabiot dissatisfied?

A player who is young can certainly add quality right now. If a player dominates some of the best leagues in the world, at a young age, he is considered a talent, but he can still be a rapid success for us. Just look at the extreme example of Real Madrid's backline in the CL final, 3 out of those 4 were bought as 18 year olds and rapidly became important parts of the team. And we dont need to buy 18 year olds. Thats extreme.

Rabiot has not dominated Ligue 1.

The basis for these rumors is that he has a year left on his contract.

We need dynamic midfielders that are capable of creating chances too. We cannot rely on Messi taking all the creative burden well into his 30s. Rabiot is not that type of a player.

The only PSG player worth his salt is Verratti.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rabiot has insane passing accuracy and works hard. We wouldn't be moving away from Cruyff's legacy (not that it matters the most).
Key is to build around Messi and if you want to do that you have to fix things around him and fill the gaps he is leaving.

DonAK

Rabiot has insane passing accuracy and works hard. We wouldn't be moving away from Cruyff's legacy (not that it matters the most).
Key is to build around Messi and if you want to do that you have to fix things around him and fill the gaps he is leaving.

Messi should be the cherry on the top, the ultimate difference maker. We should build the team around the midfield and FBs IMO.

Building the team around Messi with no creative midfielders that are able to take pressure off him will only lead to the same results IMO.

Argentina's midfield with runners and hard workers looked shit. With the addition of two creative midfielders in Lo Celso and Lanzini, albeit not the greatest players, he's having a lot more breathing space and receives the ball in more advanced positions, goalscoring positions where he can make the most difference.

Anyway, this is just my perspective. I cannot see how trying to do the same with a different name will lead to anything different than what we're seeing right now, which is the team not being able to cope against teams that press with decent midfielders.

Last edited:

Jombi

We cannot recreate that ever again, but we can follow the basic foundations Cruyff laid down that have led to this club's most success, which is something Real Madrid seem to be following more than Barca right now when it comes to their midfield signings. Besides, Rabiot is hardly the most mobile player either or the fastest player. It's still more of the same problem.

I'd rather pay over the odds for quality than waste another year on a player similar to what we already have that will offer no solutions.

Eriksen or Thiago, or even Pjanic. Eriksen in particular with his engine and great workrate as well as creativity would be great.

Rabiot has not dominated Ligue 1.

The basis for these rumors is that he has a year left on his contract.

Rabiot is definitely one of the top midfielders in Ligue 1. But if this is all about contract negotations with PSG, I wouldnt put too much emphasis on it. If, however, he really is available for us for a good price, we should definitely go for it.

MTL_Barca

We probably can't sign Thiago and besides him i don't really see a midfielder that would fit us perfectly. People here like Eriksen but he's more a AM type and will probably cost like 100M. Maybe Pjanic but idk, probably very expensive too.

Rabiot is a decent player, not the worst to get for the midfield. But i would only go for him if he's a steal because of 1 year contract and PSG needing to sell. And also if he doesn't want a giant salary. If this ends up costing us 40M and 7M net per year it's not worth it. If its half of that? Yeah could be worth a try but i doubt that'll happen.

Jombi

We probably can't sign Thiago and besides him i don't really see a midfielder that would fit us perfectly. People here like Eriksen but he's more a AM type and will probably cost like 100M. Maybe Pjanic but idk, probably very expensive too.

Rabiot is a decent player, not the worst to get for the midfield. But i would only go for him if he's a steal because of 1 year contract and PSG needing to sell. And also if he doesn't want a giant salary. If this ends up costing us 40M and 7M net per year it's not worth it, half of that? Yeah could be worth a try but i doubt that'll happen.

Houssem Aouar is also worth pursuing. He has that Barca DNA, an intelligent player capable of doing the unexpected while having good composure. And he got a place in the Ligue 1 team of the season in his debut season for Lyon.

Home of Barca Fans