Adrien Rabiot

Leo_Messi

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2019/02/16/5c67f588ca47411f088b45fa.html

Le Parisien and Marca says that he is coming.
Plus, that he will play at Rakitic's position, which some of us predicted long time ago (that he is viewed by the staff as a similar profile to Rakitic, and that the technical staff will look for that type of a footballer in the future to occupy one spot in midfield).

Rakitic will leave in the summer.

Pretty much exactly what I wrote several months ago long before De Jong was bought. Remember seeing you join the choir not long afterwards. Seems that we agree on the potential Jovic deal as well. Keep it up!

Now I just need to convince you of why Dembélé and Arthur will be key players for us (already are) and why Coutinho was not the right pick and likely won't succeed here.:lol:;)

Porque

If we can move Vidal to for a decent fee, we could always replace him with Hector Herrera who has both experience and leadership.

Herrera is available on a free this summer too. Ander also is, and is someone who Valverde would be more familiar with.

It is a lot of movements in one window admittedly for one area of the field, but it is also an viable option.

Last edited:

Messi983

If we can move Vidal to for a decent fee, we could always replace him with Hector Herrera who has both experience and leadership.

Herrera is available on a free this summer too. Ander also is, and is someone who Valverde would be more familiar with.

It is a lot of movements in one window admittedly for one area of the field, but it is also an viable option.

Personally I would keep Vidal over getting one of Herreras.

Raketa10

I would sign Rabiot over Herreras any day of the week.

Donatello

If we sell Business wise I really can't find anything wrong with that deal.

I don't see anything wrong sporting wise either. You replace an aging 31 yo mf with a 24 yo one who has tons of experience, and can play for the starting eleven right off the bat.

The only problem I see is halting the development of upcoming La Masia midfielders, & increasing the chances of future talents leaving early.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Its not wrong Sporting wise either. You replace a 31 yo mf with a 24 yo one who has tons of experience, and can play for the starting eleven right out of the bat.

That's all true. But, there is only two problems. Rabiot's history with falling out with everyone who has he ever played for and his mother's demands.

Donatello

That's all true. But, there is only two problems. Rabiot's history with falling out with everyone who has he ever played for and his mother's demands.

Let's hope he does a Suarez in terms of discipline. I know Suarez had on field problems, but still he is a completely different guy compared to pre WC 2014 suarez.

And some credit goes to PSG as well, they give their players a bit too much freedom. Its not the case here.

And Even if he turns out to be a bitch, sell him for profit.

Win-win.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Let's hope he does a Suarez in terms of discipline. I know Suarez had on field problems, but still he is a completely different guy compared to pre WC 2014 suarez.

There is one major difference here. Suarez's probles were on-pitch disciplinary problems. Rabiot's problems are off-pitch problems. The last guy with this kind of problems here was Neymar and we all know how that ended.

Arizona Scott

Vidal is such a headless chicken too often and has donkey style technique. He also occupies a non-EU spot. If can get any money for him, I think he should be offloaded.

The challenge is vidal's wages, larger than rakitic's. If another would pay 10-15 mil that would be ok. But if we have to keep him as a 5th midfielder it is ok. Roberto and rabiot are not inexperienced so with them would be fine for both rakitic and vidal to go. Or even busi (say for 75 mil) and vidal.

Arizona Scott

There is one major difference here. Suarez's probles were on-pitch disciplinary problems. Rabiot's problems are off-pitch problems. The last guy with this kind of problems here was Neymar and we all know how that ended.

With us more than doubling our $, lots of trophies, and having 250 mil to spend?

FCBfan22

With us more than doubling our $, lots of trophies, and having 250 mil to spend?

The problem here is that you can't rely on Rabiot being a long-term solution in our midfield. If we sign him, he is a potential ticking timebomb. You can never know when he decides to leave and we'll be left scrambling again, as we did with Neymar.

Joan

The problem here is that you can't rely on Rabiot being a long-term solution in our midfield. If we sign him, he is a potential ticking timebomb. You can never know when he decides to leave and we'll be left scrambling again, as we did with Neymar.

Looking back at it, would have you signed Neymar? :shrug: I would.

FCBfan22

Looking back at it, would have you signed Neymar? :shrug: I would.

I would too. But if we are doing looking back, I would do a lot of the things differently in this case.

There is another important difference. Neymar was a generational talent. Rabiot is not. You can live with a player's off-court antics, if they outdo them with their performances. Neymar did that.

Joan

I would too. But if we are doing looking back, I would do a lot of the things differently in this case.

There is another important difference. Neymar was a generational talent. Rabiot is not. You can live with a player's off-court antics, if they outdo them with their performances. Neymar did that.

The club should be smart and talk with the player through it. Which they, I'm sure, will do if we end up signing him.

Home of Barca Fans