Adriano Correia Claro

P

PhilS

I really like and its hard to find a back-up player of his quality and versatility.. :(

His versatility is incredibly valuable for a back-up player. As this season wears on, I'd like to see both him and Thiago appear in almost every game. They need to be ready to step into the regular starting lineup when the next injury occurs, and their fresh legs can make the difference late in games.

My confidence in the medical staff went down when Villa's stress fracture turned into a broken leg. There is no way to avoid injuries, and players vary a lot in their durability.

Puyol

Do you guys see Adriano pushing Abidal out of the starting line-up next season? True, Adriano is not a center back (meaning he wouldn't play back in a 3-4-3), but I think his speed is suited much more for games such as the Clasico.

Mind you, I really think we need a new center back.

Theconomist

Very unlikely.
Abidal is the world's best left back, Adriano is a good versatile squad player.

I don't agree that we need a center back especially when we now often play with 3 only.

Puyol,Pique,Mascherano,Abidal,Busquests can all play in that position.

Pep's small squad rotation policy is working.

We have no Sahins or Graneros in our squad, everyone plays.

Genossa

Very unlikely.
Abidal is the world's best left back, Adriano is a good versatile squad player.

I don't agree that we need a center back especially when we now often play with 3 only.

Puyol,Pique,Mascherano,Abidal,Busquests can all play in that position.

Pep's small squad rotation policy is working.

We have no Sahins or Graneros in our squad, everyone plays.

Busquets is already a subpar CB in a 4-3-3, he is gonna become even more exposed with 3 backs.

E

estranged

This man can one day be a world class footballer, if he used his brain a bit and improved his decision making. what was Pep doing playing him in attack, he should have been subbed way earlier, if Tello came on 10 minutes before him we probably would have won....he was really frustrating today, it's like he does all the hard work then pisses it all away with hesitance and poor decision making.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was crap in the first half, but redeemed himself in the second even if he wasn't amazing... His crosses were a waste because no one was running into the box...

gingerless

one of our best players today IMO

If we'd had some players in the box he'd have an assist or two

exactly what i was thinking, often he beat his man and put in decent crosses but everyone was just walking around the penalty box like stepping in it would be instant death.

I honestly don't think he played that well. I barely saw him on the pitch in the first half, and he was just a neutral player that neither helped us do something special nor appeared to be effective. He sure has been much better than that before. Oh and about his role on the pitch, I'd say he wasn't exactly a winger today, nor a defender. To me, he seemed not to know what he's supposed to do for the team.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Wasn't bad IMO. It wasn't his fault that we were so persistent to attack from the right wing, even when Villareal had crowded that area and Alves wasn't doing great... The problem last night was more than one or two players lacking form.

Pepe Silvia

Wasnt exactly on other players level but the pressing he provided up front in the first half was what we needed. Something tells me Titos paws were all over that one.

Home of Barca Fans