Adama Traore

khaled_a_d

Except coming on the Team of the Season.

Too bad Deulo have done shit all at senior level and failed to display his superior creative skills because he's been busy pissing off his team mates and coaches with his selfish displays.

Don't get why excuses are valid for one only, but whatever float your boats.

Don't get the big deal made out only for a freaking buyback deal. If he ever goes on to do well and the club wants him back but can't because of a lack of a buyback then everyone on this forum will suddenly lose their shit with the buhu stupid board posts.

Anyway, if the club plan to get rid of Adama altogether then they're also planning to do the same to many other players. Don't start whining if they don't negotiate for a buyback then. Setting a dangerous precedent.

I would like to see buyback options with youngsters ,but there is no single strategy that will work for everyone
As we discussed b4 ,buyback can be useless if player refused to actually comeback .there is also the situation of the club interested and how the club rate the player .it is multi-factorial and that is why I keep we lack sporting vision . You can't compare the situation of every prospect .each one has his own case
For example I would be frustrated if we sold Alen ,he has shown more potential and signs of maturity than Adama and the potential to be future Barca starter is actually bigger .I don't rate Samper highly but I would consider selling him now a mistake too
But with Adama ,with 8M + offer from a club like Liverpool .I would understand if we sell and couldn't get a buyback . but if we get it I would be happier and won't complain surely .

BBZ8800

A LOT of crazy solo runs. His ball control AT FULL SPEED is something unreal, I believe there are maybe 2-3 better dribblers, than him WORLDWIDE including senior players.

In a 2nd division, (do I even need to mention Messi and Neymar) Pedro, Alexis, Tello would all look like Messi's against those opponents in solo runs...

You have to take that into the account.

Trickykid

In a 2nd division, (do I even need to mention Messi and Neymar) Pedro, Alexis, Tello would all look like Messi's against those opponents in solo runs...

You have to take that into the account.
No they wouldn't. Especially not Tello and Pedro. As much as you claim to know about youth players like Adama, it really is baffling that you can't accept that he's an absolutely stellar dribbler. Sure, there's a lot you can criticize him for, but his dribbling really is in a league of his own. Also, just because it's the 2nd division in Spain, doesn't mean there aren't good players who know to defend. You seem to mistake it for a youth league of some sort.

BBZ8800

No they wouldn't. Especially not Tello and Pedro. As much as you claim to know about youth players like Adama, it really is baffling that you can't accept that he's an absolutely stellar dribbler. Sure, there's a lot you can criticize him for, but his dribbling really is in a league of his own. Also, just because it's the 2nd division in Spain, doesn't mean there aren't good players who know to defend. You seem to mistake it for a youth league of some sort.

Ok, he is an insane dribbler.

But posts like: "His ball control AT FULL SPEED is something unreal, I believe there are maybe 2-3 better dribblers, than him WORLDWIDE including senior players."

Those exaggerations just force me to say even more negative than the player actually is (I do it often when someone says that Alexis is an awesome player, that Bartra is a new Puyol etc).

So, my bad. I exaggerate sometimes in a negative way after some posts, I am aware of that.
But you get my point.

JamDav1982

Adama is not that great a dribbler as he doesnt know when to do it.

He gets his head down and just sprints with ball almost every time he gets it and nine times out of ten runs up a blind alley or loses the ball.

Having a highlight reel that shows the 1/2 times out of ten that he goes on a decent run means nothing.

If a player tried to pass the ball 50/60 yds every time he had it but only made the pass very seldomly it wouldnt make him one of the best passers of the ball around it would just make him one dimensional and no idea how to play a team game.

Trickykid

Ok, he is an insane dribbler.

But posts like: "His ball control AT FULL SPEED is something unreal, I believe there are maybe 2-3 better dribblers, than him WORLDWIDE including senior players."

Those exaggerations just force me to say even more negative than the player actually is (I do it often when someone says that Alexis is an awesome player, that Bartra is a new Puyol etc).

So, my bad. I exaggerate sometimes in a negative way after some posts, I am aware of that.
But you get my point.

Yeah, I hear you. Hyperbole has a habit of screwing up written discourse.

Trickykid

He gets his head down and just sprints with ball almost every time he gets it and nine times out of ten runs up a blind alley or loses the ball.

Having a highlight reel that shows the 1/2 times out of ten that he goes on a decent run means nothing.

If a player tried to pass the ball 50/60 yds every time he had it but only made the pass very seldomly it wouldnt make him one of the best passers of the ball around it would just make him one dimensional and no idea how to play a team game.

I think you're being to hard on him.
Sure, his decision making needs some serious work, but from a technical viewpoint, his ability to pass opponents is amazing. It's not just his ball control, but just as much the fact that he's build like a bull, though.

anguy

Yes, he lowers his head down too often. That's the reason for his poor awareness IMO. You can't see your teammates with eyes fixed on the ball. That's why I believe he can improve drastically, if only he learns to control the ball without looking at it so much, that's honestly not that difficult.

BBZ8800

Yes, he lowers his head down too often. That's the reason for his poor awareness IMO. You can't see your teammates with eyes fixed on the ball. That's why I believe he can improve drastically, if only he learns to control the ball without looking at it so much, that's honestly not that difficult.

Every player can improve in more or less all areas.
But let's say that for every physical, mental, technical, tactical skill, you have:
1. some percentage of a natural skill
2. and then, that natural skill is improved with trainings, development, coaches, experience

-- so, if you aren't the fastest player in the world, you can do some regimes to slightly improve your pace/acceleration
-- if you are not too strong, you can improve muscles over time

But, if you are naturally as fast as Messi or Alba, and if other player isn't naturally as fast (like Rakitic or Busi, for example), then the slower player will never reach their level, even with the all regimes/coaches in the world
-- the same is with strength, stamina etc

-- but also, the same is with tactical and technical skills or with skills like decisions/vision etc

Yes, Adama can surely improve in that area, with a right coach and with a lot of hard work.
But the same as how Xavi or Busi virtually can predict 10 moves in the future, Adama is currently on 0 moves (ability to predict).
So yes, with a lot of work, he could turn into a somewhat better player, with a better vision, decisions, awareness what is happening around him.
But again, he can never reach the level of a player who posses both natural skill+who also worked on that skill (like Xavi, Busi, Iniesta, Raki etc)

This is my "problem" with Adama, Halilovic and other players.
Too many of our fans are assuming that with a right coach/guidance/help/hard work, more or less any player can surpass any obstacles.
But this is just not true.

I will again use numbers to explain this easier:
-- Messi or some players had a natural talent in almost all skills, like 70-80-90 out of 100
-- and with a hard work, experience, right coaches, he improved all of his skills to 99/100 level
-- but you see, he already had a natural talent in dribbling, shooting, pace, acceleration, decisions, vision like at least 70-80 out of 100
-- so, he wasn't as good and polished as today in some skills
-- but he was never a dummy with almost unplayable skills/flaws in too many areas

Players like Adama, imo, have some skills (natural talent) at 80, but some other skills at 10-20 out of 100.
And that is the difference between Messi's, Xavi's and Adama's.

Adama has so many flaws in some areas, that even with 20 best coaches in the world, he can't improve some areas to Barca's needed level.
The same about some other of our young, hyped players.

People too often say on this subforum: this or that coach ruined our talents.
Well, ok, if a coach is bad, a development of a player can be slightly slower than expected.
But if a player is naturally born with some huge flaws (unrepairable flaws) in some areas, then it is not a coach's fault.

Imo, some of you are overestimating a power of learning through trainings.
Again, all skills can be learned/improved to some extent, but without some (good) basic, natural level of every skill, the player will just never be good enough for Barca.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Barcelona want to include an option on Liverpool midfielder Coutinho (23) in the deal on Barcelona B winger Adama (19). [sport]

BossMan

Apparently, he is on his to Liverpool for a medical according to Sport. I can't the article on the website though.

khaled_a_d

Barcelona B winger Adama (19) could today travel to England to undergo medical tests at Liverpool. Clubs to announce deal. [sport]

Home of Barca Fans