Adama Traore

Zangash

Banned
Holy shit, a quick Google search of his name reveals there are a LOT of teams that are very interested in bringing him on loan. A lot.

Getting kind of nervous.

kozza

Yeah, something like 20 teams, but he is not going anywhere.
Br28bifIcAAkSL_.jpg

Zangash

Banned
Such an explosive player, his potential continues to be something to marvel at

It's a shame both he and Munir failed to impress in that friendly in any way whatsoever really. It really showed those of us who were over the moon with excitement for them that they really do need a few seasons with the B team before they're given any significant role with the first team.

Trickykid

It's a shame both he and Munir failed to impress in that friendly in any way whatsoever really. It really showed those of us who were over the moon with excitement for them that they really do need a few seasons with the B team before they're given any significant role with the first team.

Right, so one half of the FIRST preseason match proves that they are not ready yet? The opponent and the team we fielded were more or less of the same standard of last years Barca B, so why not look at bit at those matches instead?

Edit: I also seriously doubt that anyone (with just a sliver of sanity) would expect either of them to play a significant role with the first team any time soon.

Zangash

Banned
Right, so one half of the FIRST preseason match proves that they are not ready yet? The opponent and the team we fielded were more or less of the same standard of last years Barca B, so why not look at bit at those matches instead?

Edit: I also seriously doubt that anyone (with just a sliver of sanity) would expect either of them to play a significant role with the first team any time soon.

It doesn't prove anything at all. It doesn't have to. If they were on a level high enough to get any minutes at all with Lucho's squad they'd have given us a reason to be excited. There are some people who will seriously try to tell you that Adama is better than Deulofeu, for example, but watching them both play a single half in what was essentially a Segunda match it's clear which one is ready to play for the first team and which one is just getting promoted to the B team.

There's obviously still plenty of time for them to impress this preseason, especially with them both staying with the squad when it heads to England, but as of right now I don't believe either one is deserving of first team minutes the way I previously was along with a large host of other Culers. Munir probably has more of a case to make imo because he's a striker that didn't have any real service but as far as Adama goes he has a tendency to either be fantastic or just another winger and that's something he's going to have to develop with the B team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree Adama should make the most of his upcoming season because his game still needs work but I disagree that he wouldn't be deserving of some minutes with the 1st team...He has the qualities to really put fear in fullbacks, regardless of experience...That sort of strength & acceleration is impossible to defend against

Of course, Adama is still a work in progress as you can see his decision making is often fueled by his understanding that he can simply outrun his marker...I feel like his game really exploded due to confidence in the past season so I expect this season to be one of further development to his very exciting game - in other words, he should get far from Eusebio

Tonykross

Adama is a beast, if he improves on his finishing, he will be unstoppable, another player I liked was Ebwelle, I'm really surprised he was let go.

Home of Barca Fans