Adama Traore

JamDav1982

Looks as he has always looked.

Good strength, pace and dribbling but no football brain at all.

Can hear the commentators stifling laughs in that video as it is so predictable.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Reminds me of Deulofeu. What's in the La Masia water. I thought Barca taught their kids to be team players.

Loads of players you cant teach to be that type of team player. Most of them will get cut long before you ever see them.

Absolute athletes like Adama get away with it for longer but he will have been coached in the exact same way as all the other youngsters who are showing great decision making/team play etc.

BBZ8800

Reminds me of Deulofeu. What's in the La Masia water. I thought Barca taught their kids to be team players.

Apart from Messi, who is a different and one-and-only story, Barca didn't manage to create any attacker for our level in the last 20-30 years.
The only single playable attacker/winger from La Masia in the last 20-25 years in Pedro.

On the other hand, La Masia was a golden egg in producing midfielders: Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Thiago, Fabregas, Roberto, Rafinha, Motta, Guardiola.

My wild guess would be that La Masia's teaching methods work well on midfielders, where you need to play according to some schemes, something like:
-- move, move, move, get yourself into a chance to receive a pass
-- look at your teammates, play a good pass
-- move, move, move, work, work, work, think, think, think
-- receive a pass, pass the ball, repeat 1000s of times

To some extent, maybe a player can "learn" these schemes when he plays for 10-15 years in youth Barca's teams.
So, imo, maybe being a perfect Barca's midfielder is more about "learning" and fitting to a system and learning all it's schemes and movement from an early age.
You are taught to be a robot who will repeat the same action and movement 100s of times per match.
If you have an amazing skill, vision and IQ on top of that, you will be the next Xavi or Busi.

With attackers it seems to be different.
These "robotic" type of education: run, run, receive, pass, repeat=doesn't seem to be working.
Imo, it seems that Barca's midfielders rely more on understanding our system and our movement, and those parts can be learned over 10 years in La Masia.

With attackers, they need more natural world class talent, like Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Etoo, Ronaldinho.
To some extent, you can teach not so skilful player (let's say Roberto. Not too skillful, compared to Ronaldinho, for example) to be an awesome Barca's midfielder, because he understands perfectly our movement, our schemes, our mechanisms.
On the other hand, you can't teach Roberto or a similar player to turn into a world class attacker (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Rivaldo, Messi etc).

So, imo, in shorter, being a Barca's attacker is more about being a rough talent, who will be able to adapt to our style (learn our schemes), like Etoo, Neymar, Suarez.
Example (these are not real numbers), like 80% talent, 20% ability to learn and to adapt to our style.
While with Barca's youth CMs, it is more about learning, understanding and repeating our schemes and movements, with a slight touch of natural talent.
So, let's say 80% of learning and 20% of natural talent.

Imo, this could explain to some extent why we are producing so many suitable midfielders and almost zero world class attackers.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Is that not what the pl is all about

Nah the majority of the EPL are very good footballing sides.

Just that the top teams have not been matching the top Spanish teams or Bayern in recent years.

If it was all about what Adama is doing then he wouldnt look so out of place and he along with Delofeu would be thriving.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Adama needs a good coach. Pep would make full use from a player like him, making him isolated on the wing and creating 1 on 1 situation vs his marker for him. Pep just loves this kind of wingers: Sterling, Costa, Coman. But ofc he is not good enough.

JamDav1982

Adama needs a good coach. Pep would make full use from a player like him, making him isolated on the wing and creating 1 on 1 situation vs his marker for him. Pep just loves this kind of wingers: Sterling, Costa, Coman. But ofc he is not good enough.

Someone like Adama would get nowhere near a Pep team.

All of those players you mentioned are far better players than Adama and have better end product.

Pep is ruthless and would see no amount of coaching will change the type of player he is.

If Pep wanted him he could have got him for peanuts from an Aston Villa side looking to dump his wages.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Someone like Adama would get nowhere near a Pep team.

All of those players you mentioned are far better players than Adama and have better end product.

Pep is ruthless and would see no amount of coaching will change the type of player he is.

If Pep wanted him he could have got him for peanuts from an Aston Villa side looking to dump his wages.

That's why I said he is not good enough.

BarcaJack

I think Adama "the headless chicken" Traore will have nothing to do in Pep's system. However, maybe (just maybe) Jurgen Klopp will be intrigued by his explosiveness.

BBZ8800

I think Adama "the headless chicken" Traore will have nothing to do in Pep's system. However, maybe (just maybe) Jurgen Klopp will be intrigued by his explosiveness.

Imo, you need like 10-20 different footballing skills in different areas to be a good top footballer.
Adama has like 1-2 skills and is totally poor in other 18 areas.

I doubt that he can even turn into a 1st div player one day.
With the way how (onedimensional) he is currently playing, 2nd div looks like the optimal place for him.

Home of Barca Fans