Adama Traore

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has literally every weakness Deulofeu has while also being nowhere near his level when it comes to contribution to the B team.

The only difference is Adama hasn't played top flight football and thus hasn't had the fanbase turn on him, yet.

You forgot one thing.

He has showed nothing to suggest he possess the same attitude, the same unwillingness to learn as Deulofeu. Atleast not yet.

And it's not about turning against your own player. Not everyone can care enough to try to cover up things for the guy who got so much talent, but not the brain capacity to match it. For his own good, Deulofeu need to realize what he got and what to do with his talent or else it'll be all wasted.

Maybe seeing his Barca dream diminish will make him work harder and improve at his potential new team so he can return back to Catalunya.

That's the only reason I'm willing to give Adama the benefit of doubt.

I want Deulo to succeed as much as you do, but the kid need to get real and perform and not expect everything to just happen for him.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
You forgot one thing.

He has showed nothing to suggest he possess the same attitude, the same unwillingness to learn as Deulofeu. Atleast not yet.

And it's not about turning against your own player. Not everyone can care enough to try to cover up things for the guy who got so much talent, but not the brain capacity to match it. For his own good, Deulofeu need to realize what he got and what to do with his talent or else it'll be all wasted.

Maybe seeing his Barca dream diminish will make him work harder and improve at his potential new team so he can return back to Catalunya.

That's the only reason I'm willing to give Adama the benefit of doubt.

I want Deulo to succeed as much as you do, but the kid need to get real and perform and not expect everything to just happen for him.

In his season with Barca B has Adama improved? Attitude aside, he's nowhere near Deulofeu's level and has quite a long way to go until he gets there. His decision making is much worse than Deulofeu's (And that is truly saying something) and his general football IQ seems quite low. That's what's worrying about him. At least with Deulofeu we know he's an incredible talent hidden under a poor work ethic. Adama, on the other hand, is just good at dribbling the ball. In the last few games he was getting outperformed by Joan Roman, of all people.

DonAK

In his season with Barca B has Adama improved? Attitude aside, he's nowhere near Deulofeu's level and has quite a long way to go until he gets there. His decision making is much worse than Deulofeu's (And that is truly saying something) and his general football IQ seems quite low. That's what's worrying about him. At least with Deulofeu we know he's an incredible talent hidden under a poor work ethic. Adama, on the other hand, is just good at dribbling the ball. In the last few games he was getting outperformed by Joan Roman, of all people.

Has Samper improved with Barca B this season? Has Ie improved? Has Grimaldo made any notable progress?

Who has actually improved this season? Barca B has been a disaster, poor management after poor management.

Zangash

Banned
Has Samper improved with Barca B this season? Has Ie improved? Has Grimaldo made any notable progress?

Who has actually improved this season? Barca B has been a disaster, poor management after poor management.

Two of the three players you mentioned would make great squad players for the first team. Something Adama, in his current state, would not. The difference is Adama is the one with promotion written in his contract.

khaled_a_d

Actually Grimaldo has improved this season than past year ,would say only him and Halilovic has improved this year though even Alen didn't improved on the pace he should have
and while I agree with your point that this was disastrous season for everyone .that said kid has showed one of the worst football IQs I've ever seen .we can't give this as an excuse for every talent tbh
For now he doesn't look like Barca 1st team material and he either should accept staying with B team or get the "loan treatment" which we already know it rarely works

DonAK

Two of the three players you mentioned would make great squad players for the first team. Something Adama, in his current state, would not. The difference is Adama is the one with promotion written in his contract.

Samper and Halilovic got a promotion written in their contracts too.

Actually Grimaldo has improved this season than past year ,would say only him and Halilovic has improved this year though even Alen didn't improved on the pace he should have
and while I agree with your point that this was disastrous season for everyone .that said kid has showed one of the worst football IQs I've ever seen .we can't give this as an excuse for every talent tbh
For now he doesn't look like Barca 1st team material and he either should accept staying with B team or get the "loan treatment" which we already know it rarely works

I don't think Grimaldo made any notable progress from the level he was in before the season started. He improved throughout the season, but his level pretty much stayed the same.

I'm not even saying Adama is 1st team material right now or anything like that. I'm only saying I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Atleast he's not been ignored by two managers.

Zangash

Banned
IIRC then it was for 2015/16.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah, it's not for 2015/16, it's for the year after. He's more likely to be promoted than not, though. The 3rd division is way too low competition for him. When he played a team from that division in Copa the kid was running laps around those guys with the ball and he had both eyes closed while hopping on one leg.

spark

I'm not even saying Adama is 1st team material right now or anything like that. I'm only saying I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Atleast he's not been ignored by two managers.

Because he's been playing in the segunda division and rather poorly at that. Lets see what happens when he brings his Adama vs the world approach to the top level. Considering he doesn't even bring crossing ability or set piece ability I wouldn't hold my breath over him doing any better at a big club.

Zangash

Banned

If Lucho and Emery ignored Deulofeu, why would they give Adama the time of day?

DonAK

Because he's been playing in the segunda division and rather poorly at that. Lets see what happens when he brings his Adama vs the world approach to the top level. Considering he doesn't even bring crossing ability or set piece ability I wouldn't hold my breath over him doing any better at a big club.

He did pretty well in his 1st season in Segunda.

If Lucho and Emery ignored Deulofeu, why would they give Adama the time of day?

I don't know, I don't read their minds or have the ability to see the future.

Only thing I'm saying is that I'm not writing him off right now. I've not written Deulo off either for the record. Just want him to grow a brain to fit the talent he got.

spark

He did pretty well in his 1st season in Segunda.

I don't know, I don't read their minds or have the ability to see the future.

Only thing I'm saying is that I'm not writing him off right now. I've not written Deulo off either for the record. Just want him to grow a brain to fit the talent he got.

Fair enough :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans