9 - Samuel Eto'o

Galning

Although that might be right I doubt he'll go to prison. If every Spanish or Greece person who screwed the system over should go to jail ...

KhaledBarca

Eto'o stats at Barcelona (2004-2009): 198 official games (190 starts): 130 goals and 35 assists ‪#fcblive‬ pic.twitter.com/6uEGKtvj

Samuel+Eto%25E2%2580%2599o7.jpg

AxxANlOCIAAAMFn.png:large

Penaldo

Hm, as I recall Barca wanted to get rid of him for personal rather than footballing reasons.

Who was it that he did not get along with, and why?

Jadentheman

^Same reason why they got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. the 3 man team Ronaldinho,Deco, and Etoo'o were making Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi not being shown as the fantastic La MAsia product they are so they got rid of them because Ronnnie, deco and eto'o wouldn't clean up their act

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's just nonsense dude. They were key to turning club around.
Everything on the topic was already discussed earleir, I suggest browsing back a bit.

Maria

^Same reason why they got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. the 3 man team Ronaldinho,Deco, and Etoo'o were making Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi not being shown as the fantastic La MAsia product they are so they got rid of them because Ronnnie, deco and eto'o wouldn't clean up their act

Yeah and let us not forget that we should sell Messi so he can "prove" himself on a rainy night at Stoke and bring Neymar instead. :rolleyes:

Reading some of your comments on this forum it makes me doubt that you are even a cule..I think you're more of a Brazil NT fan.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Just go back to the 2007-08 season and compare it with the 08-09 season, you'll understand.

I never said to sell Messi
you said Messi has to leave when he is around 27 in order to prove himself in a different and a "more competitive" league if that's what you meant.

Last edited:

AlwaladAlBarsha

One thing that I loved about eto'o is unlike ibra he would help defense. To me at the end of the day he had technique and could dribble through defenses, when needed but he knew his role, so theres no need for that kind of stuff. I like david villa alot he is a great replacement for eto'o but eto'o had the lion heart, because he knew he had something to prove, to not only barca, but madrid for ot playing him.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Eto'o was the man. I simply loved the guy.
Really hope he comes back some day, although I think he's still has a promise to keep to Mallorca.

AlwaladAlBarsha

yeah me too, I really would have loved to see him in the new shirts, the green, one the black one, and this years shirt. unfortunately it didn't happen. I think although henry once he was adjust was good, Eto'o in my opinion had what henry had just in a more direct way.

Home of Barca Fans