9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
It's bad when you're skimping on top priorities. We've been desperate for a CB for years. Imagine how quickly it would be dealt with if our club was willing to offer those amounts for a defender. Forwards are spectacular signings, the board is doing this for themselves, not for logical reasons. If we buy Suarez for 80M, that will amount to 137M in only two transfer windows for forwards, yet 0€ for CBs in the last god-knows-how-many transfer windows.

I'm fairly certain the impact of arguably the best striker in the world will be much much bigger than what Benatia could bring to Barca. Everyone agrees that Atletico had the tightest defense in Europe last season. They've conceded 26 goals over 38 games. Barca in it's worst shape conceded 33 with Pinto and Bartra playing large parts of the season and Tata giving up on his own job from February onwards. Rather € 80M for a forward who scored 31 and assisted 12 goals in 33 games, a genuine world class match winner, than € 50M for Benatia who will look as clueless as anyone else when Bale is running at him 1 vs. 1 in oceans of space, maybe fixing a few aerial plays. Fixing the defense will be mostly a tactical job.

Can't believe how boring Culés are. Messi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar. How does that not make people cream themselves? It would be the most talented attacking quartet I've ever seen in modern football.

F

Flavia

His nickname is El Pistolero, translated to The Gunslinger. It's a great nickname. You could maybe enhance it to "El Pistolero Sangriento" or "The Bloody Gunslinger", or maybe "El Pistolero Hambriento" or "The Hungry Gunslinger", but El Pistolero is pretty much a sick nickname.

El Pistolero dentudo, then :p

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Andy West @andywest01 · 11h
If Luis Suarez & his camp think he's being victimised by the British press, just wait and see what the Madrid media has in store for him...

clausiam

Does nobody think getting an idiot like Suarez is a major mistake? He's a great player for sure but I'll have a huge problem remaining a Barca fan if they pick up this disgrace of a player. Maybe it's because I'm a youth coach I have no patience for that sort of idiotic behavior from someone making £100,000 per week.

F

Flavia

Does nobody think getting an idiot like Suarez is a major mistake? He's a great player for sure but I'll have a huge problem remaining a Barca fan if they pick up this disgrace of a player. Maybe it's because I'm a youth coach I have no patience for that sort of idiotic behavior from someone making £100,000 per week.
If you go back some pages you'll see many do. I think it's too risky, and didn't want him at barça, but as it seems, he is coming. So I made peace with it, and now hope for the best.

mazp

Andy West @andywest01 · 11h
If Luis Suarez & his camp think he's being victimised by the British press, just wait and see what the Madrid media has in store for him...

If it fuels him to perform, then so be it. They do it to :messi: all the time..

Pepe Silvia

I think a lot of fans are excited about the Suarez transfer it's just that the board are looking clueless as ever and reversing priorities yet again so it makes it hard to enjoy the thought of the Neymar-Suarez-Messi front three. Had they done the responsible thing and went after a top end CB first, maybe the response might be different. Still for me, the Suarez deal is a no brainer. Alexis is a jugadorazo for Chile and in a team that allows him a less restricted role he will be better off.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Liverpool source: "Talks were productive. There were sensible expectations on both sides. But nothing is finalised as of now." [guardian]
Barcelona's opening bid for Luis Suarez is 87M. Bid was not accepted as Liverpool want 100M, but both think deal can be done. [guardian]
The deal on the transfer of Liverpool forward Luis Suarez (27) to Barelona could be announced next week. [rac1]
Talks on Luis Suarez are well-advanced, but deal not expected today. 80M fee dropped after biting incident. No players included. [catr rac1]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans