9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Just a question, whether it's Suarez we're talking about or another striker.

Where the f*** are we going to play him?! He's not a right winger. If we're playing him as a 9, who are we sacrificing? Messi is not playing RW, that's for sure. This entire plan has one fundamental problem to begin with. There's no place for a 9. Especially not one that is expected to play most of the time.

Villa played as a 9/winger as did others before him. We always had a winger who would go central and occupy the centre backs but since Villa was sidelined this changed. I think Pepe on a few occasions utilised Sanchez like this but not very often which suggests he didn't like it that much. Tata also didn't like Sanchez for this role.

I assume Lucho will have a player to do this but by the sounds of it he wants Suarez over Sanchez.

Last edited:

Stric

I get that, it just seems to me that Suarez is not exactly that type of player. I could be wrong. Anyway, even if he was, I personally don't want him here. Mandžukić, who I pretty much despise, would be a much better fit, IMHO.

Bertus

Sport published some infos about the transfer of suarez:

• - Barcelona and Suarez reached an agreement. They need to find one with Liverpool now.
  • - Barcelona wants to buy him for 30M+Sanchez
  • - Liverpool wants more.
  • - But Sport is sure that Barcelona will get him for cheaper because Liverpool won't be able to hold Suarez since the player wants to leave. (it doens't make sense to me because the club can block it till they get what they want, see Bale last summer)

In the meantime, the Mirror published what a source from Liverpool said about that:

• "Anyone that thinks that JW Henry will lose money on Suarez because of that biting incident is wrong. After what happened last summer, we felt that Suarez would be part of the mercato rumors again. We didn't get yet the FIFA notice about his sanction. Whatever if the sanction stays the same or not, he will stay at Liverpool till a club is ready to pay the fee that will stay unchanged."

Ken_rosseneri

Neymar------Suarez

---------------Messi

-------Iniesta
------------------------rakitic

---------------Busquet

Alba-----Pique-----Benatia-----Alves

--------------Ter Stegen

Last edited:

Bertus

Higuain would be a better fit imo.
I am nost a fan of Barcelona getting suarez, but the problem here is that Higuain is not for sale.

If Barcelona had more options maybe they would have picked somebody else, but tbh, which very good 9 is available atm?

Falcao, maybe, but he's pro RM and wants to play at RM.

Mitchell1978

I am nost a fan of Barcelona getting suarez, but the problem here is that Higuain is not for sale.

If Barcelona had more options maybe they would have picked somebody else, but tbh, which very good 9 is available atm?

Falcao, maybe, but he's pro RM and wants to play at RM.

Falcao would not be a good fit, he's pure finisher who doesn't offer that much else, while Higuain can also link up easily with the attacking players around him, Suarez is probably somewhere between the 2 in that regard. Cavani would also be a good fit like Higuain.

Bertus

Falcao would not be a good fit, he's pure finisher who doesn't offer that much else, while Higuain can also link up easily with the attacking players around him, Suarez is probably somewhere between the 2 in that regard. Cavani would also be a good fit like Higuain.
You skip my point entirely.

Higuain, and Cavani as well, are not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans