9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably not gonna happen, but I don't see why Suarez wouldn't seamlessly integrate into the team.

Instead of our usual 4-3-2-1, we can switch to a 4-3-1-2 with either Messi or Neymar dropping deep to play behind the 2 strikers. Making it work will require coordination & above all movement; an element that we've been lacking for some time now. But I don't see why not, especially since Messi & Neymar (with Brazil) operate this way, anyway.

In fact, from a tactical standpoint I see it as an upgrade over our current 4-3-2-1 for 2 reasons:
1) Whenever Messi drops deep, we're left with no direct attacking threat; with a 4-3-1-2 that would not be the case.
2) If we want to get the best out of Neymar then we'll have to eventually have him make the same transition that Messi did by moving him from the wing to the center; a 4-3-1-2 does that for us while still providing us with the ability to switch to a 4-3-2-1 if the situation calls for it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
For me, Suarez is a much better fit at Barca than he would ever be at Madrid. It's not even close in fact. With Barca, he's going to get to play with maybe 3 of the most creative and combination play forwards in football, in Messi, Neymar and Alexis. All three of these players would benefit enormously from having a target man dragging markers from them, and Suarez would equally thrive having such creative and deadly players feeding him constantly.

With Madrid, he'd have to feed Ronaldo, just like Benzema and Bale need to, and I don't see that ending happily.

jklz

Xavi Torres said that Barcelona have made the first contact concerning Suárez yesterday, while Gerard Romero says that contact has been made with Pere Guardiola earlier. The former mentions that Real Madrid has the advantage, as they have been talking with Liverpool for months. Also stated that there is no clause specifically for Barça or Madrid, but that there is some sort of goodwill-clause, which might allow him to leave for 70M euros.

DinhoR10

If Suarez were to come he'd probably just end up playing like villa did unless we put messi in midfield and have iniesta become Xavi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cule4life

The Culest
Suarez linked to barca after a good WC performance? Yup perfectly plausible and not suspicious at all especially by the pioneer of great journalism MD

He already said there is no special clause for barca or Madrid. We will have to pay Alexis+60m which is a terrible deal. Anything above Alexis+25m is unacceptable.

I'm resigned to him going to Merda. The sooner the firm realizes it the better

Zincubus

Banned
Luis Suarez

Suarez linked to barca after a good WC performance? Yup perfectly plausible and not suspicious at all especially by the pioneer of great journalism MD

He already said there is no special clause for barca or Madrid. We will have to pay Alexis+60m which is a terrible deal. Anything above Alexis+25m is unacceptable.

I'm resigned to him going to Merda. The sooner the firm realizes it the better

It's also reported as a near enough done deal be Elmundo , The Metro and MD .....

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
If Suarez were to come he'd probably just end up playing like villa did unless we put messi in midfield and have iniesta become Xavi.

You can't compare an ageing Villa to Saurez who's possibly the best player for the last 18 months or so

DinhoR10

Luis Suarez

You can't compare an ageing Villa to Saurez who's possibly the best player for the last 18 months or so

No sorry I meant like villa as in playing as a wide striker next to messi in his false 9 role, like in 2010, given that between iniesta and Alexis/neymar, lucho would probably pick iniesta in his normal free role. Either that or have iniesta play along messi. Since contrary to what most people in this board feel, we don't NEED 80% possession to play tiki taka since we won our cl finals with like 60% or less.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

If we put 90M on Suarez, how the f*** are we supposed to get 2 CBs :lol:

It'd be hilarious if they overspent on another forward, after the neymar saga. And if because of that the only cb they bring is Mathieu. But if that were to happen, I bet most cules wouldn't mind.

Cule4life

The Culest
It'd be hilarious if they overspent on another forward, after the neymar saga. And if because of that the only cb they bring is Mathieu. But if that were to happen, I bet most cules wouldn't mind.

I dont agree we are not a galactico side. Most cules would prefer overspending on Benatia than Suarez

Zincubus

Banned
If we put 90M on Suarez, how the f*** are we supposed to get 2 CBs :lol:

Who's said anything about 90M FGS ??

His buy out clause is something like 70M but drops to 55M if it's Barca or Real Madrid ...apparently .

So 35M plus Sanchez may prove tempting to Liverpool ( who also supposedly fancy Tello for their left side ) .

We could even afford to just pay the cash anyways ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans