9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuchi

Bayern fans, actually saw one live saying they were unlucky not to score at the Camp Nou last season...hah. Of course Lewa is better, sureeee

F

Flavia

Was onside in my mind and on the fucking pitch.

He was onside. Alba too. Bad call from the linesman.

CWCfgFhXIAA6-6W.jpg:large

Obiaseti

He's offside. Compare the drawn offside line to the touch line. They are not parallel.

I hate these kinds of lines that want you to believe a certain result. Here is a more extreme version from the Valencia game:

In this one he is blatantly offside.

He might be offside but the lines not being parallel can't be the justification unless I misunderstood your argument . The lines aren't parallel because of perspective view. The border of the goal box is not parallel to the touchline for example. If the lines were drawn parallel to the touchline that would be an incorrect projection.

mark1nhu

He's offside. Compare the drawn offside line to the touch line. They are not parallel.

I hate these kinds of lines that want you to believe a certain result. Here is a more extreme version from the Valencia game:

In this one he is blatantly offside.

Of course they are not parallel. It's called perspective.

jj_101

Love the video of the Barca players on the flight to Japan. All of them playing with their phones, and Suarez drinking his mate.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He might be offside but the lines not being parallel can't be the justification unless I misunderstood your argument . The lines aren't parallel because of perspective view. The border of the goal box is not parallel to the touchline for example. If the lines were drawn parallel to the touchline that would be an incorrect projection.

I'm already taking perspective view into account. Compare the drawn offside lines to the cuts of the grass and compare the cuts of the grass to the touch line.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As long as humans are making the decisions on offsides, I believe you have to give the advantage to the attacking player if it's a matter of a small margin - where both the Valencia & Depo goals should've been allowed....Sometimes we'll see opponents score based on this but I prefer that to ignoring a player significantly offside or onside

serghei

Suarez' goal vs Depor should have stood. The one vs Valencia was at least a step offside. But it kind of evens out with last year game on Mestalla, when he scored a legit goal and it didn't count.

Observer

Banned
As long as humans are making the decisions on offsides, I believe you have to give the advantage to the attacking player if it's a matter of a small margin - where both the Valencia & Depo goals should've been allowed....Sometimes we'll see opponents score based on this but I prefer that to ignoring a player significantly offside or onside

Well, the general rule dictates that when in doubt do not call it

Would be great that linesmen and refs have tech help for an instant replay.

EdmondDantes

Love the video of the Barca players on the flight to Japan. All of them playing with their phones, and Suarez drinking his mate.

Unfortunately that goes for footballers and everyone else wherever you go; cafes, buses, restaurants, trains, on the streets you name it, most people are glued to their phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans