9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
He is too selfish and a bit of a cock, like at the end of the game yesterday- charged into the defender off the ball then got tapped (barely even that) on the back of the head and went down like a fag before getting up seconds after appearing to be shot in the head and berating the ref after kick off.

He is good, but I strongly dislike him.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Selfishness of a young player won't be much of an issue for Pep to deal with don't you think? Agree the defending in Eredivisie is not much more than being mediocre, but Suarez frequently shines even outside Dutch football, whenever they play in Europe... His goal against Arsenal is sick. As some one already rightly pointed out, he doesn't go out missing when Ajax play strong opposition unlike some other so called stars from lower leagues. The fact that he scored 11 goals from 23 matches for his national team, also providing numerous number assists in the mean while speaks some thing about that aspect of his :)

Even Diego Forlan managed only 21 of 56 matches, just saying

He's not that young anymore, estel. At least not in barca term. We have bunch of young player, younger than him, waiting to be picked and shine. I may change my opinion if he change this season and can bring ajax to "glory". If you can't take eredivisie club to "glory", than you are just average. Cruijff, basten, bergkamp, ronaldo, ibra, all of them already prove it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's not that young anymore, estel. At least not in barca term. We have bunch of young player, younger than him, waiting to be picked and shine. I may change my opinion if he change this season and can bring ajax to "glory". If you can't take eredivisie club to "glory", than you are just average. Cruijff, basten, bergkamp, ronaldo, ibra, all of them already prove it.

Yeah I agree with your point that the greats have led their clubs to glory on many occasions. Let's talk about this during January transfer window, when we can have quite an assessment of how far Suarez has led his team. But the fact that he's made captain of the team, and that his absence clearly showed on few occasions that he's not played this season tells some thing :icon_neutral:
Also I'd like to point out a strange fact about Ronnie in this context. During his brief stint at Paris Saint-Germain, he didn't achieve any thing noteworthy for them. And ironically, the immediate season after he was sold to Barcelona they won a double(league & cup). Now no body would contradict that Ronnie is the architect of today's Barca, for the fame & the money flowing can all be attributed to him. He led the club to the glory of modern times:worthy:
Also I'm not saying that Luis Suarez could do the same thing with us. We have Messi, Iniesta & Ibra who could fill the boots of Ronnie. I think that getting Suarez when Henry still has some thing to offer(read this January) would make him ready to be our front man who could offer some thing on par with Henry if not more... And I hope every body would be quite satisfied with that ;)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We do ok with Alves and Busquets.

LOL
You're right. I wonder why Pep hasn't yet given the smacking on the back they need!!! I fucking care for Busquets, he's my Xavi-of-future. Stupid fuck some times does a bit too much. And Dani Alves, I hate him when he does that shit. What's up Guardiola!?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Suarez is worse, though.

Yeah Dembele is good, but is not so exciting for me. He did win the league with AZ but he only has 10 goals and 10 assists during their success. But though he's not finding the net frequently, he's been impressive this season so far. While Suarez has been outstanding :)

FlyLo

Suarez is better than Dembélé atm, yes. I was talking about the attitudes of Suarez, Dani Alves & Busquets, though.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Suarez is better than Dembélé atm, yes. I was talking about the attitudes of Suarez, Dani Alves & Busquets, though.

I know you meant that... Just wanted to make a sarcastic comment like, since you are a Belgian you'd obviously feel so. Never mind

Suarez would be an amazing signing for us, his finishing is world class, dribbling and he is young, what more do you want, don't know how Ajax will let him leave for, IF they let him leave, but i cannot see why you would not want Suarez.

You never know he might wisen up a bit if he moved to a big club like us, no doubt about his talent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans