8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

vegitot

Fermin will probably end up at Real Betis level long term.

Which is good, considering he was loaned out to Linares a year ago and deemed not good enough for B.

Pedri needs a year of full fitness and injury free to get back on track to his very very high ceiling.

This forum is loving old man Gundagan, but a decade ago would have discarded him with his injury record in his earlier years.
Which kind of role do you think will bring the best out of Pedri (assume that he is fully fit)?

vegitot

Means when you're up against a disciplined side that closes you down, blocks off lanes, pressures you on the ball. If you haven't noticed Pedri struggles to get a foothold in those types of games, you haven't been watching.
Happen this game vs psg. Still in big disadvantage with 10 man.

Porque

Which kind of role do you think will bring the best out of Pedri (assume that he is fully fit)?

Double pivot but seeing how bad Frenkie and him were against PSG I may have to re-consider.

Seems Pedri was 60% fit and Frenkie 75-80 or so though.

Alik

I thought before the game it would be better to start Fermin, play Gundo deeper alongside Frenkie to help in the build up and then bring on Pedri in 2nd half like we did in Paris. Probably wouldn't change much if we'd have to play a man down for 60 minutes though.
Same.

jamrock

433, as the CM/AM hybrid, the "Iniesta" role.
In a 4-2-3-1, he's the CAM( hate that word)

Never in the double pivot, he can drop deeper to help,but shouldn't really start or play deep, doesn't have the body or defensive frame of mind for that.

Double pivot with what we have, not including Gundogan, should be Gavi and De Jong.

Gavi is the pitbull and lion heart and de jong in theory should be the calmer one who helps to link the play, although he's shit at that.

soul24rage

idk what's going on with his fitness. He wasn't this slow when he broke through.

He needs to fix it asap, or he'll need to be sold.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know he just returned from an injury, and he still has that magic ability to play a great pass, but he's such a liability off the ball.

giorgoXXI

That last goal is on him. He needs to be a lot stronger against Brahim, there were many chances he could have slid in but was absolutely lethargic. Could have easily also made a foul and taken the yellow. We can't be competitive if our midfield isn't physical enough. I don't think it's a coincidence we had our best run when both FdJ and Pedri were injured.

M3ls

He was always so slow and I always pointed it out.

When I look at his game, his facial expression, his movement, I get the feeling that the day before the match he unloaded cars all night.

And I always had this feeling when watching him play.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
YEA

Porque

I don't think we realise just how much the 20/21 season messed him up.

He played 4739 minutes that season.

Since then he has averaged 2000 or less. And spent every end of season nursing a hamstring injury, started each season with a hamstring injury and without pre-season.

He is not a player when can force straight into the 11 back from injuries, nor someone we can be impatient with fitness.

Home of Barca Fans