8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

serghei

Seems like he wants to pass to Messi all the time. It's noticeable with him. The difference is his passes are usually spot on and find Messi. But sometimes he has simpler and better options and he takes the more complicated route just to play Messi.

Noticed that a couple of times.

Rory

Seems like he wants to pass to Messi all the time. It's noticeable with him. The difference is his passes are usually spot on and find Messi. But sometimes he has simpler and better options and he takes the more complicated route just to play Messi.

Noticed that a couple of times.

Agree he looks for Messi but it's different than players like Alba or Griezmann who just aimlessly do it regardless of other options. With Pedri it seems like he's actually trying to develop a pattern / attacking flow to unbalance the other team.

JamDav1982

He also got the ball a few time and drove up park when space was there to be attacked and ignored Messi.

Looks like Messi likes and trusts him to get ball and was showing for it well when it was tight.

He was top class in that first half and was the one who seemed to be dictating pace more than anyone else.

Havesaks

I just dont see it. the hype, he is pretty good but not the second coming of xaviniesta or modric, silva. people are rating him to much imo, he is a good talent thats it.

CatalinR10

I just dont see it. the hype, he is pretty good but not the second coming of xaviniesta or modric, silva. people are rating him to much imo, he is a good talent thats it.

xavi and iniesta are like once in 50 years midfielders. I'd take someone who can provide even 30-40% of what they did , lol .

thing is that he is just 18 yo , that why we're all losing our minds . Hopefully he keeps on getting better with age and doesn't end up being a dissapointment .

vegitot

He is 18 and of course right now he is no Iniesta...

This is time for him to develop.

khaled_a_d

No one said he is 2nd coming of Xavi or Iniesta, although he has shown potential of being a great player.
Also age is such huge factor.
For example, when Xavi was 2 months younger, he had only 1 game on first team bench.
When he was 10 months older, Xavi had 26 games, Pedri already has 16, most likely surpassing Xavi first season's number of games when he is almost a year younger.
Iniesta had total 9 games when he was 6th months older, and in an even worse Barca team.

I remember when Messi was promoted, I have seen many posts that "he is good talent, but he isn't anywhere near Maradona" and here we go, we legitimate argument that Messi might be the goat.

And sure, for every Messi, there were Dos Santos is the next Ronaldinho, or Bojan is the next balon d?r talent etc
Let's give it time, he is an exciting talent, same as fati, in a team that S.Roberto was the last youngster to make it in the club before that duo.

Andresito

Staff member

I'll tell you where he's special.

He plays like he has 10 years of senior experience.
Always knows where the space is, knows how to get out of tricky situations and has an incredible technique to help him do that.
And it's not like Arthur, Pedri actually wants to combine and advance. Add his work rate to that. Guy's willing to die on the pitch.

Usually the issue with young talents is that they're very talented but their decision making is horrible until they play regularly. Not this guy, always cool and calm and doesn't seem to get nervous.
Even if he doesn't develop a single thing, he can still provide plenty as a starter for a club like Barca. Whatever he improves is a bonus at this point.

Comparing him to the likes you mentioned, Pedri has the same aura of making things happen with the ball. Opponents can't leave him unmarked, even if he's far from an effective player in the opposition's box.

Messi983

But seriously, I think one of the things that is often overlooked is his defensive contribution to the team which is already pretty impressive at his young age.

My post from July...

I'll tell you where he's special.

He plays like he has 10 years of senior experience.
Always knows where the space is, knows how to get out of tricky situations and has an incredible technique to help him do that.
And it's not like Arthur, Pedri actually wants to combine and advance. Add his work rate to that. Guy's willing to die on the pitch.

Usually the issue with young talents is that they're very talented but their decision making is horrible until they play regularly. Not this guy, always cool and calm and doesn't seem to get nervous.
Even if he doesn't develop a single thing, he can still provide plenty as a starter for a club like Barca. Whatever he improves is a bonus at this point.

Comparing him to the likes you mentioned, Pedri has the same aura of making things happen with the ball. Opponents can't leave him unmarked, even if he's far from an effective player in the opposition's box.

This.

He's mature way beyond his age.

Home of Barca Fans