8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

malvolio

I've no idea why does this guy starts every game. He is useless. Can't score, Can't assist, can't dribble and he is slow as a snail and he starts as a winger. Making players like him a definite starter is one of the reasons of our downfall.

Because shit squad building, that's why. Pedri, Trincao and Fati should have been bench/rotation options this season, not starters.

fergus90

He's 18, needs time to develop. He's shown his class at times in matches, but admittedly apart from his performance on the weekend against Cadiz has looked a little flat recently.

I think Koeman needs to be more conservative with his playtime.

mc_lovin

I cant believe hes above Pjanic in the double pivot pecking order. Very happy for him though, hes great to watch.

JamDav1982

He's 18, needs time to develop. He's shown his class at times in matches, but admittedly apart from his performance on the weekend against Cadiz has looked a little flat recently.

I think Koeman needs to be more conservative with his playtime.

He changed the game and was probably Barcas best player from time came on to the goal for me.

fergus90

He changed the game and was probably Barcas best player from time came on to the goal for me.

That was in response to the last game, when someone labelled him useless. He was quality today, i'm a big fan of his.

People got to give him time and expect plenty of quiet performances though. That's the reality of his age.

Last edited:

Joan

Been a while since he's performed this well. Shouldn't be counted on on regular basis, but he's a gem.

malvolio

In an ideal world him and Puig would be sure starters

In an ideal world he would-be starting games like these this season. Not starting against Atletico away.
People get carried away with these kids. We barely scraped through by the skin of our nuts and here whe are being bullish again.
Let's give him time and space, starting every week so he can fail when opponents are tough is not the way

Joan

What's your opinion on Puig in comparison with Pedri? Do you see both having a future here as starters?

It's a tough one. The problem is that I see both of them as interiors, the setup giving them such roles would make them thrive. Pedri is that type of a player I love. He's gifted as hell, quick witted and disciplined enough. Puig on the other hand has a flair like noone in the team. It's like he's too eager to make things happen. All the time. I don't hold it against him, but needs to be seen how he fares in more usual and normal circumstances. I'm hopeful about Pedri and think Puig must be given a fair chance.

Home of Barca Fans