7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

God Serena

It actually sickens me that in Valverde's predetermined subs, Coutinho is somehow listed to come on for Dembele. I'm pretty sure we'd have been better off if we'd have just kept Deulofeu.

xXKonan

Relegating him to second choice behind Dembele is not working in trying to get some fire out of him and to work hard to get his spot back. Even during Dembele's injury he still played like someone who didn't play like he had something to prove.

If you really want to send a message, relegate him to 3rd behind Malcom or even 4th behind Alena. But the odds of that ever happening are slim due to his massive price tag.

Flavius

Sorry but that Cou-Dembele sub is very annoying. I mean do they really play on the same position? Because from what I see they are totally different styles....

Porque

IF we are only going to use Coutinho as a sub then we have to use him in his best position. Alba is already owning the leftwing, Arthur/Rakitic are covering the interior left. Put Coutinho close to the forward in the pocket with Messi or Dembele cutting in from the right so he can combine with intricate passes and also get off his midrange shots.

The sub for me is Coutinho for Suarez. Not Dembele Every. Single. Time.

xXKonan

Sorry but that Cou-Dembele sub is very annoying. I mean do they really play on the same position? Because from what I see they are totally different styles....
Because they aren't anywhere near the same type of players.

A proper Dembele sub would be Malcom as he's also a real winger as well. But sadly as you can see Malcom has been banished to the Shadow Realm despite his performance vs Real earlier this month.

Raketa10

Before we all write him off he really deserves a chance to play in midfield. He was presented as Iniesta replacement and he hasn't played in that position at all. FFS put him in midfield against weaker teams and see how he performs! If he could shine for us last spring he can do it again, he just needs his confidence back and he can't regain confidence if he is beeing subbed in for Dembouz EVERY SINGLE TIME. I really hope he starts in midfield against Rayo!

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He has played in midfield a few times though and he wasn't great there. He also doesn't have the discipline or stamina to play there for the whole game which wouldn't be an issue if Valverde wasn't our coach...

michelco

Plenty of attacking mids has grown into CMs. Banega, Pirlo, Parejo etc. Just needs to have stable playing time in that position and he'll learn. He lacks stamina? Well what did the coaching team do with him in pre-season then. Seems like a general lack of plan from the coaching team on how/where to use Coutinho

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yeah we've said as much previously about having to learn the CM position but considering the attitude he's displayed so far I have very little hope of him succeeding there.

As for his stamina he had the same issue at Liverpool...

Of course we have a lack of planning on all levels, he was bought for the iniesta replacement but the coaching staff obviously do not trust him there so we have an over priced Denise Suarez sitting on our bench.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I really don't want to see him getting anything but mop-up minutes from here on out, Alena & Malcom should rotate in ahead of him

Home of Barca Fans