7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Flavius

I would pay them 160 (if that.s true) now if he comes or sign the transfer now for the summer, but only 90 or something!

jairzinho

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...liverpools-dubai-trip-attempt-push-barcelona/

The club has told the the 25-year-old it is better for all parties if he stays for the rest of the campaign, particularly as he is ineligible to play in the Champions League for the Spanish side.

Despite Barca’s willingness to pay an eye-watering £140 million, Liverpool do not want to cash in. They would even be willing take less cash this summer in order to retain him to achieve this season's ambitions.

They would also be prepared to agree a deal whereby he signs for Barcelona now and effectively stays at Anfield on loan for a few months, similar to that agreed with RB Leipzig for Naby Keita. Coutinho has even been offered a massive pay hike between now and May.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...liverpools-dubai-trip-attempt-push-barcelona/

The club has told the the 25-year-old it is better for all parties if he stays for the rest of the campaign, particularly as he is ineligible to play in the Champions League for the Spanish side.

Despite Barca’s willingness to pay an eye-watering £140 million, Liverpool do not want to cash in. They would even be willing take less cash this summer in order to retain him to achieve this season's ambitions.

They would also be prepared to agree a deal whereby he signs for Barcelona now and effectively stays at Anfield on loan for a few months, similar to that agreed with RB Leipzig for Naby Keita. Coutinho has even been offered a massive pay hike between now and May.

The deal's about to be closed. LFC are just informing their journalists to try and create a narrative that they're doing everything in their power to keep Coutinho, so when he inevitably does leave they're not held accountable.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
He's doing all that to leave your joke of club, shows how pathetic and shit Liverpool are, focus on the fourth place trophy if you even remain in the top 4 without him.
I wouldn't call a club with their history pathetic.

ronniecro

fuck that,i doubt it but if they are really making efforts to keep him until the summer i would pull out of the deal and let them have unhappy player and ruined harmony in the squad in coming months,and presumably drop in price if coutinho goes on strike

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If they try and keep him he will just go on strike or play half assed til the end of the season. He is a guaranteed Brazil call up anyway

Yannik

If they try and keep him he will just go on strike or play half assed til the end of the season. He is a guaranteed Brazil call up anyway

don't think he'd do that, didn't do that that after the summer either. Does that ever even happen?
Anyway the summer approach makes sense imo. Coutinho is cup tied anyway and the league is almost already won. Getting him for 30-40m less in the summer would probably be the most sensible solution to both Barca and Liverpool.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
don't think he'd do that, didn't do that that after the summer either. Does that ever even happen?
Anyway the summer approach makes sense imo. Coutinho is cup tied anyway and the league is almost already won. Getting him for 30-40m less in the summer would probably be the most sensible solution to both Barca and Liverpool.

His price would likely increase in a World Cup year with all these crazy transfers, also better to integrate him now and he can play la liga and give either Messi or Iniesta a rest before big champions league games

Yannik

His price would likely increase in a World Cup year with all these crazy transfers, also better to integrate him now and he can play la liga and give either Messi or Iniesta a rest before big champions league games

World Cups usually inflate player prices when they get worldwide breakthroughs. Coutinho already had that.
The other point is fair though, the earlier Coutinho comes, the earlier he is integrated. Still think it makes more sense to get him in the summer though and save some money for Griezmann aswell.

Kuavo

I've seen some of his videos and he looks overrated.
I'm sure he will bring something better than what we have but no way is this guy worth 160 million.
It's a shame the market is out of control these days.

He isn't overrated. I'm a Liverpool fan and he is by far our best player, can make something out of nothing. Dribbles past players like they aren't even there, can pick a pass only Iniesta could find, the guy is a genius, and to Liverpool is absolutely worth 160M. There is no player out there that can come even close for us to replace him with. I wish Coutinho good luck at Barca and have no bitterness toward him or Barca, you always pay fair prices for who you buy from us, and it always ends up working out for you too..

There is zero chance that you will not be delighted with Coutinho upon his arrival, he already fits your style of play.

JamDav1982

World Cups usually inflate player prices when they get worldwide breakthroughs. Coutinho already had that.
The other point is fair though, the earlier Coutinho comes, the earlier he is integrated. Still think it makes more sense to get him in the summer though and save some money for Griezmann aswell.

Makes more sense to get him now.

There will be money for Griezmann.

Home of Barca Fans