7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Well it's all pointing to Liverpool keeping Couthinho albeit being AGAINST his will !
I'm thinking his heart won't be in playing for them given his desire to play with Messi and for Barca . He's apparently told Klopp he wants to go but won't cause a situation or go on strike or even hand in a transfer request - sounds too nice for his own good ( and career ) tbh .
I expected more from Klopp though . He should consider the lad's future I think ..

Butaan4barca

All this drama, it crosses my mind that If management could've been a little smarter to sell him for a bit less than 222m and delayed his official sale till signing coutinho and dembele, instead of psg activating his buy out clause. Key point is: it changes the whole thing when clubs know we have a bag full of money

springfield

It's not because you dream about something that you don't like what you are doing now. Nothing indicates he desperately wants to leave Liverpool. It seems atm that he has no problem with staying.

Zincubus

Banned
It's not because you dream about something that you don't like what you are doing now. Nothing indicates he desperately wants to leave Liverpool. It seems atm that he has no problem with staying.

It's on record that he's told them he wants to come to Barcelona but only if they are ok with the situation ( meaning adequately recompensed ) he wants to go amicably and not cause any friction . It sounds as though he's too nice a guy .

See - the good guys don't always win , he had the chance to realise his dream and play with Messi for Barca but he's put his principals ahead of his ambitions -He could have been a Barca legend but I fear we will never see him in our colours :(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Coutinho might have tried harder had we not fucked up and started trying to sign him in June.

But as always, we wasted that entire month on two players. Marco Verratti and Hector Bellerin, although we at least signed Semedo eventually.

Garrus

Who's willing to start a bet about coutinho, Weather he'll come this season or not.
I bet he'll come this month, If i'm wrong i'll change my avatar to a photo of Dani Carvajal, The player i despise most in the world, For 3 months.

blaugrana1987

Who's willing to start a bet about coutinho, Weather he'll come this season or not.
I bet he'll come this month, If i'm wrong i'll change my avatar to a photo of Dani Carvajal, The player i despise most in the world, For 3 months.
I think he will come as well. I think we will lock out Dembele for 100m cash + variables, and then go on offensive. Probably 110m cash + 20 var or something.

BigBarcaBoy

Well it's all pointing to Liverpool keeping Couthinho albeit being AGAINST his will !
I'm thinking his heart won't be in playing for them given his desire to play with Messi and for Barca . He's apparently told Klopp he wants to go but won't cause a situation or go on strike or even hand in a transfer request - sounds too nice for his own good ( and career ) tbh .
I expected more from Klopp though . He should consider the lad's future I think ..

What do you want klopo to do ? Agree to sell his most talented player with little or no hope of a decent replacement

Flacko

What he said? Did he say anything can happen till 31st?

- Coutinho is a very important player
- They are in talks
- But English clubs don't need the money
- Liverpool needs quality players
- It's complicated because other clubs don't want to sell quality players
- We will see what will happen to the end of the market. Several situations are possible

Zincubus

Banned

AnfieldEd - Your thoughts on my take on the subject ...!?!

Zincubus

Banned
What do you want klopo to do ? Agree to sell his most talented player with little or no hope of a decent replacement

He supposedly has a great relationship with Couthinho yet he's prepared to stand in his way and possibly derail a great career !?! There is every chance he'd win trophies and awards and be loved by the Barca fans - Wheras he will likely win NOTHING with Liverpool .

Home of Barca Fans