7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

mark1nhu

[MENTION=18534]mark1nhu[/MENTION] [MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]barca Point is
We don't need either of them

We need a guy who can hold a midfield so that MSN can do what they do best..... score goals

Both Coutinho and Dybala will throw our system of balance.

Because we need a CM and not a fourth attacker

We have great CMs that can hold the midfield.

We don't have a proper system to use them the way we want.

Forget any hope of a new Xavi-esque CM, that's an unicorn.

gasgas

Who are those midfielders?

I only know Iniesta who needs a successor.

Who else?

gasgas

Who else?

mark1nhu

Who else?

Raki and Gomes are great CM, especially the former, while Busquets is closer to a CM than DM in our "original system". Not to mention Iniesta, who is a hybrid of CM and CAM.

As I said, forget any hope of a new Xavi-esque CM, capable of doing magic even when the system falls apart.

gasgas

Raki and Gomes are great CM, especially the former, while Busquets is closer to a CM than DM in our "original system". Not to mention Iniesta, who is a hybrid of CM and CAM.

As I said, forget any hope of a new Xavi-esque CM, capable of doing magic even when the system falls apart.
I disagree.
Those players you mentioned can not hold a midfield.
This explains why midfield is our weakest link

You don't need a Xavi to control a midfield.

You can do it with playmaking CMs like Gundogan, Verratti etc

mark1nhu

You can do it with playmaking CMs like Gundogan, Verratti etc

Well, I believe this is the "perfect" way of doing it, so I agree (in a sense). But I also believe that we can do that with a few tactical tweaks using our current midfielders.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone already said he probably wouldn't suit us in this MSN oriented system. But if Xavi said it, you gotta stand and listen.

eaman

Only get Coutinho if they have enough money to buy him and verratti. Marco verratti should be the number one target for next season. Since xavi left they don't have enough players willing to get on the ball and dominate midfield. We saw it big time against man city in both legs. Verratti is the closest player to xavi in today's game

Caramel

I bet if he came here, he's play like here in the system that's currently in place.
Unless he brings Klopp with him :lol: Then i'm in

gasgas

Someone already said he probably wouldn't suit us in this MSN oriented system. But if Xavi said it, you gotta stand and listen.

Xavi also had something to say about Cesc back then ;p

He's a legend but he is not infallible

Raketa10

I honestly do not understand this Gundogan obsession. First of all this guy has played only couple of great games in last few years after his major injury and secondly he has not been so flawless this year either. No to mention he is also incredibly injury prone.

If you have watched MCI games in last month and a half their midfield was not so good. Let’s use their two games against us as example. In the first game he was guilty for one goal directly, and in the second game in first half he was nowhere near that good. Entire City team woke up after Sergi mistake, until that moment their midfield was totally out of control and there are more examples like that in some City games this year.

I am not saying he is not good I actually like him, I am just saying there is an exaggeration in this forum regarding Gundogan. After his major back injury he had huge amplitudes in form in every single year. Let’s see how he finishes this year and then we can discuss if we made a mistake or not but in this moment I am still not sure we did.

If he regains his Dortmund form from 2013 and manages to keep it through entire year than ok, I’ll say we were wrong but honestly I am not sure he will be able to do that.

That being said I would prefer Coutinho over him any day, but I would also prefer Verratti over Coutinho.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans