7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Jombi

Striker, LB, CB.

What else? We're not going to sign 6 players. At most the positions I mentioned.

I dont think anyone knows how many we'll sign, the management probably doesnt know it themselves yet. It all depends who leaves.

A RB, another midfielder and another left forward look pretty obvious as positions to strengthen. If Malcom and Cou leaves, we'll have only four forwards for three positions even if we sign Luka Jovic.

Givenchy

Striker, LB, CB.

What else? We're not going to sign 6 players. At most the positions I mentioned.

we have nothing for backup on the wing though.. Dembele and Messi. its likely Malcom will be sold

imo this team is screaming out for more speed

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
we have nothing for backup on the wing though.. Dembele and Messi. its likely Malcom will be sold

I'd like us to sign a right-footed, pacy winger for once instead of all these left-footed players. I don't know many though.

I dont think anyone knows how many we'll sign, the management probably doesnt know it themselves yet. It all depends who leaves.
A RB, another midfielder and another left forward look pretty obvious as positions to strengthen. If Malcom and Cou leaves, we'll have only four forwards for three positions even if we sign Luka Jovic.

One position I definitely see them not signing is RB. The Roberto-mania is not ending while Semedo has some good and some bad performances there + the market for RBs is just horrible right now.

DonAK

What about Carrasco? Played in the league. Is fast, right-footed, not very smart, but for a backup he could do the job.

andyparker

For Liverpool, Coutinho was always really inconsistent especially when just coming back from injury. It took him a while to get up to speed and back playing to the level he was capable. The one thing he had going for him at Liverpool was that he was always 1st choice so was able to play his way back into form. At Barcelona he's got quite a bit more competition so he's not getting the consistent match time he needs. It's possible that he'll get more consistent match time with Dembele now injured so he can regain that consistency and get back to his best.

The thing is he wasn’t always first choice for Liverpool. It was only towards the end of his time there (final 12-18 months) when he was playing CONSISTENTLY in beast mode. His output was up there with the best in the league and you can see how that translated last year into the player we signed. But his best form came towards the end under Klopp in a 4-3-3 formation, where he played on the left, around 70% of time in midfield (where he played best, feeding balls into likes of Salah), and 30% of time left side of attack. He also did his fair share of pressing (something which they now do a bit more selectively this season).

Got to select players based on their form and ability to adapt. It’s their responsibility to step up to the plate. He showed he was able to up his game in the past, but that was in environments where he had the love. It’s like something has gone.

DonAK

This RMC journalist seem to be suggesting PSG might be in for Coutinho :thinking:

[tw]1088122075057963009[/tw]

eaman

I just wonder has coutinho been fooled by all the nonsense you hear about there been less time on the ball in the premier league. He is playing as if he thinks he has an extra second on the ball at the moment and getting the ball taken away constantly. The only thing different about the premier league is there are more teams who go from back to front quicker. There is no difference in the pace of play and intensity really

Home of Barca Fans