7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messigician

I still think he's more suited as a CM than he is as an LW here IMO.

He works better when he has some options in front of him to link up with. But the problem is Valverde doesn't seem to have any plans on using a Coutinho-Arthur setup with Rakitic on the bench. Because the Cou-Rakitc pairing fucking sucks.

Yeah if you want to get overrun defensively good idea to use that pairing

Givenchy

typical Coutinho really, starts off well and then ghost mode in the 2nd half. i really hope he can find some consistency

soul24rage

I still think he's more suited as a CM than he is as an LW here IMO.

He works better when he has some options in front of him to link up with. But the problem is Valverde doesn't seem to have any plans on using a Coutinho-Arthur setup with Rakitic on the bench. Because the Cou-Rakitc pairing fucking sucks.

the thing is rakitic's role is more like a false midfielder covering for the RB. Messi moves inside from the RW, the RB moves to the RW and Rakitic provides cover for that RB so we don't lose our shape. I'm not sure if that role is best suited for Arthur right now, which is why I think EV is playing the Arthur, Busi, Rakitic midfield.

El Gato

Villarato!
Exactly. The standards shouldn't be this low for a player like him. He should actually be the best or second best player in almost every match and lately he's been far from that. Being OK is not good enough.

Jesus. Did your mother beat you with a stick every time your brought a B from a school test?

MTL_Barca

Jesus. Did your mother beat you with a stick every time your brought a B from a school test?

People shit all over Dembele when he plays bad and Cou was as expensive and is a finished world class player so i guess its fair to have very high standards for him.

Game was ok but not amazing, hope he steps it up especially when Messi isn't available. Like Neymar did when Messi was out for some time.

Catta

Only one I spot is that they're both balding.

They both were not playing in their best positions, both have great stats with goals and assists, but no great overall play. Cesc dissapeared in the second half of the season, Cou dissapears in the second half of the game.

Raketa10

He is having the same problems like Cesc

Not even similar. I don't agree that he can't play on the wing. He is not a classical winger but he can play there. Problem is he is not in his best form right now but he will get there.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He's an attacking midfielder, not a winger. Klopp recognized it and so did Tite eventually.

Tite recognized it because he has Neymar on left side.
Klopp?hmmm
He has played LW for whole 16/17 year. Last year wa used a AM to fit Salah into starting line up and I am not sure it worked better for the team considering how many thinks they were better in 2nd half without him than when he was AM
Never mind that the way their team constructed with all the pressing and run from every line, it is totally different team to make the comparison

Home of Barca Fans