7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FinBarcelonafan

he's going to be back at the end of this month, perhaps before even that but the medical team won't risk him after the shit that happened to dembélé.

and no he's not fragile. you can see how fucked up liverpool are for willing to risk him and play him against man city.

he usually gets injured during this part of the season (thight problems) which is compeltely understandable cuz in the prem they make them play a game every two days (pep was ranting about this).

he's playing about 40 games every season for 5 years, not sure how's he fragile to me.

At the end he's had quite many injuries for someone so young. I think that's why I think he is little bit fragile.

xXKonan

Not only is is passing great but his ability to handle being pressed with the ball is spectacular as well. We have a number of midfielders who struggle in that aspect but Coutinho though he's good at handling it.

Neymessi

I don't think pl is that physical and its mostly a myth.

I also don't think dribbling players causes more injuries. Dembele has been out for so long without getting injured while dribbling and messi, neymar and hazard have excellent injury records after being the top dribblers in the game.

FinBarcelonafan

I also don't think dribbling players causes more injuries. Dembele has been out for so long without getting injured while dribbling and messi, neymar and hazard have excellent injury records after being the top dribblers in the game.

Dribbling itself doesn't cause you injuries, but when you dribble someone will try to take you down with tackle. More you keep the ball, more likely you're going to get tackled and hit with an injury. Look at Ronaldo. Guy is quite healthy all the time, because he rarely has any contact with players, because he can't dribble for shit, so he doesn't have to take contact with players(they don't have chance to tackle him).

These guys you mentioned will probably have more injuries the older they get. It takes toll on your body.

That's why ballhogs like Coutinho, Messi are more likely to get injured than Ronaldo type of players, who don't dribble at all.

PL is certainly more physical than English league. So many meatheads playing. PL is more about speed than brains. Spanish football is about skill, so you can clearly see difference how they think about the game and play the game. I'm sure the weather effects players as well. I'm sure colder weather is worse for you and injuries(slippery ground etc).

That's why I think for example, Bellerin fits much better Arsenal than Barceona. He is strong, fast etc, but not much of a brain outside of that. He fits PL perfectly, but Spanish football? Nah. I don't think so. He is not Barca type of player. That's why I think Semedo was much better signing for us than Bellerin.

Last edited:

Messi983

Dribbling itself doesn't cause you injuries, but when you dribble someone will try to take you down with tackle. More you keep the ball, more likely you're going to get tackled and hit with an injury. Look at Ronaldo. Guy is quite healthy all the time, because he rarely has any contact with players, because he can't dribble for shit, so he doesn't have to take contact with players(they don't have chance to tackle him).

He rarely has any contact because he dives before opponents could tackle him. :lol:

Agree with your point overall but don't think Ronaldo is really the best example. ;)

PhilS

Sure hope he can start playing within two weeks. The team is thin now, with Dembele, Iniesta, Semedo, Umtitti, Paco and Coutinho out. Now is the time for Arnaiz and Denis Suarez, please stop playing Gomes so much. Please. Re-watch the tape of the RS game, just look at what they did to Gomes on defense. He defended like one of those traffic cones used in practice. Play 3 forwards, play three CBs or 3 FBs, just let Gomes sit on the bench.

BigBarcaBoy

Sure hope he can start playing within two weeks. The team is thin now, with Dembele, Iniesta, Semedo, Umtitti, Paco and Coutinho out. Now is the time for Arnaiz and Denis Suarez, please stop playing Gomes so much. Please. Re-watch the tape of the RS game, just look at what they did to Gomes on defense. He defended like one of those traffic cones used in practice. Play 3 forwards, play three CBs or 3 FBs, just let Gomes sit on the bench.

Gomes would be best on someone else's bench

MessiTHEgoat

messi and neymar are very protected by the refs. any challenge you'll make you'll get a yellow card for it.

Hazard had a lot of injuries during the last two seasons. one took him out for 3 months but he was lucky enough it happened on off-season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans