7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

dakt

Leo to Phil, after his second goal:

ayne.gif

Interlop

I just hope Valverde finds a place for him in his system. Wouldn't like for him to end up like James at Real Madrid. He'll have to improve his defensive aspect of the game to play in Iniesta's spot.

MessiTHEgoat

I just hope Valverde finds a place for him in his system. Wouldn't like for him to end up like James at Real Madrid. He'll have to improve his defensive aspect of the game to play in Iniesta's spot.

coutinho is way more talented than james. the latter was bought to sell more shirts. he's basically a market product. but his crossing ability is good tho.

Altomonte

I am dreaming of a 'Magical Trident' with Iniesta, Coutinho (should we call him Lipo?) and Messi as members.
Three very similar players, all equipped with magical talent.

xXKonan

I think long term he will play as a 8 in a 4-3-3. Defensively he's not really as bad as people make him out to be, hell even Iniesta during his prime wasn't perfect either and now with him being 33 we are doing okay despite it.

Coutinho is a lot more flexible than James is IMO. James works the best in the classic #10 role but everywhere else he isn't anywhere near as effective, Coutinho though even under Brendan rodgers he was being played deeper and he did well when he played there.

He will adapt much better to that role Iniesta has than any other attacking mid we bought recently no question.

Home of Barca Fans