-----suarez----messi
cou--busi-----rakitic---demb
alba-umtiti---pique----roberto
-----------Marc

-----------paco----paulinho
d. suarez--iniesta---gomes----deulofeu
digne--vermalean---yerri-----semedo
------------------jasper

I don't know about this because all the signs are pointing to a return to the 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Dembele is back, Arnaiz has been promoted and the Coutinho transfer has been completed (2 are out and out wingers and the other is comfortable there). Whether that means Messi plays as a pseudo RW or False 9 is anybody's guess though. I have a feeling that the front 3 will be given licence to roam as happened against Juventus.

The 4-4-2 and even the 4-2-3-1 with 2 attacking wingers leaves you a central midfielder short. With a fit and performing Busquets I think it is going to be our bread and butter 4-3-3.

springfield

442 or 4231, just some minor difference and if you look at how the team plays now then you know Messi is not really playing next to Suarez. I would say it's something in between. I don't think Barcelona will play 433 but stick to the 442/4231.

Hektor

Hi:

When we lost Neymar, I wanted two players to replace him: Coutinho and Dembélé. We have them and I am ecstatic. Coutinho is a poly-functional player. He can play for Iniesta, Messi, or Luis Suarez.

We do not need Griezmann; we he Jose Arnaiz. Every time he starts a game, he scores and he is from La Masia. We can no longer spend incredible amounts of money to go after very expensive established player. That is why we have La Masia. Next year, we have players like Arnaiz, Samper, Aleña, and maybe Marlon Santos. Promoting them to the first division, it also creates space in the Barcelona B for more Barça younger players from La Masia.

It does not mean that we should not sign players of the quality of Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Digne, at a good purchase price. However, we cannot longer splash money like there is no tomorrow.

I believe that many players like Aleix Vidal, Turan, Rafinha, Dennis Suarez, Deulofeu, etc should be transferred to other teams. I do not know about Andre Gomes. IMHO, he is very good and a member of the Portuguese National team. I would like to keep him, but I won't shed tears if he is transferred.

Hektor

Last edited:

Hektor

I see alot of people telling Barcelona should sell/loan Rafinha, Turan, Vidal, Gomes etc. But then who is going to stay on the bench?

Arnaiz, Aleña, Samper, Marlon, Oriol Busquets, Cucurella, Vitinho, etc. They are all from La Masia which is starting to produce quality players once again.

Hektor

Last edited:

springfield

Arnaiz, Aleña, Samper, Marlon, Oriol Busquets, Cucurella, Vitinho, etc. They are all from La Masia which is starting to produce quality players once again.

Hektor

What do you think would be the best? Being on the bench as a young player 99% of the time or playing games every week? Players have to join the first team on the right time. It doesn't make sense to fill the bench with Barcelona youth players just because they are Barcelona youth players. Some people are to obsessed with La Masia after the Xavi-Iniesta era.

M

MessiCam

442 or 4231, just some minor difference and if you look at how the team plays now then you know Messi is not really playing next to Suarez. I would say it's something in between. I don't think Barcelona will play 433 but stick to the 442/4231.

You're correct that Messi is not playing alongside Suarez and for good reason too. He is way too good to be used as an out and out striker and that's why I would like a return to the 4-3-3 False 9 (which is being used in training sessions now that Dembele has returned and which we saw glimpses of in the Levante match). Only issue is that Suarez would have to play a little more centrally than is ideal but it could work with a player like Coutinho. On the other end a 4-2-3-1 could also work but I feel we're a deep lying playmaker short of really nailing down the system. For Champions League games I think the 4-4-2 is locked down though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans