7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

cro-man

Cant believe we really got him under those circumstances but i am really happy for our club and coutinho. This victory comes with a price but hell right now i am just happy we got him. He did fight for his dream till the end and i think all his recent performances were to convince us not to give up on him. There is actually no reason for him to leave them right now he could have waited till summer. He will miss champions league and could have earned more glory and money. A moneyhunter and gloryhunter like neymar never would consider this. Pretty sure neymar is hating the world for leaving us....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What do you guys think of a busquets-paulinho-coutinho midfield? It would be similar to the Brazil national team that's being doing well except busquets is an upgrade on Casemiro

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What do you guys think of a busquets-paulinho-coutinho midfield? It would be similar to the Brazil national team that's being doing well except busquets is an upgrade on Casemiro

Not similar to Brazil considerinh Coutinho plays as a RW there with Renato Augusto and Casemiro in the MF with Paulinho.

JamDav1982

Not similar to Brazil considerinh Coutinho plays as a RW there with Renato Augusto and Casemiro in the MF with Paulinho.

Coutinho has played CM for them quite few times as well I am sure.

He can play CM no bother and that mid would work but would need to be Coutinho dictating and Paulinho more pressing forward I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho has played CM for them quite few times as well I am sure.

He can play CM no bother and that mid would work but would need to be Coutinho dictating and Paulinho more pressing forward I think.

When they change the system to a 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho as the CAM.

Anyway, the point is that Brazil is set up differently to Barça.

In a 3 man midfield Coutinho starts up front, or he's in the middle behind the striker with two deep midfielders.

Need a more positionally disciplined midfielder than Paulinho in a midfield with Coutinho and Busquets and despite how much I don't like some of the things Rakitic does, he's better in that aspect.

FCBfan22

In the 3 men midfield there are only 2 players that can play with Busi and Phil: Roberto and Rakitić. Paulinho maybe against weak opponents.

serghei

In the 3 men midfield there are only 2 players that can play with Busi and Phil: Roberto and Rakitić. Paulinho maybe against weak opponents.

I agree. Paulinho is better when in a more free role in midfield, and with a 3 midfield you need a lot of confidence on the ball. Rakitic isn't ideal either, but he's better on the ball than Paulinho.

Jombi

Fun reading Madrid forum and their opinions on how Coutinho won’t fit in our team and we overpaid etc. Sometimes as an opposing fan you’ve got to hold your hands up and admit its a good signing. The thought of Messi and Coutinho on the same pitch is frightening. Also RM good luck in the summer if you think the market will all of a sudden be lower.. if they go for Kane he will be at least 160m.

160m is a laughable sum for Kane. Coutinho for 160m is even quite cheap considering its in the middle of the season. PSG did excellent signing Mbappe for 180m. Prices are going up and up, with the World Cup coming up, we have done well signing both Yerry Mina and Coutinho now. Hopefully that is what the management thought of as well.

Messi983

DS4Y706X4AIhcKX.jpg

:neymar:

Home of Barca Fans