7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tepid water

Some fans here saying that 150M for Coutinho is too much.
And yet we paid 150M for Dembele...

Coutinho will be our 2nd best players RIGHT AWAY easily.

About questions whether we should buy him now, since he can't play in a CL and we have already almost won La lige.
Well, imagine this:
1. Liverpool is ready to sell him now for 150M
2. we say: no.
And we want to buy him in the summer.
3. then summer comes (Liverpool wins a CL or who knows what can happen) and Liverpool says: He is not for sale. Lol.

If he is for sale now, we need to get him.
The end of story.

Don’t think so.

Agree a price that suits both clubs now and do the move in the summer. Everyone’s happy..

I can’t see it not happening in the summer if a reasonable price is paid.

JamDav1982

Don’t think so.

Agree a price that suits both clubs now and do the move in the summer. Everyone’s happy..

I can’t see it not happening in the summer if a reasonable price is paid.

There is no reason to wait until the summer if can get it done now.

Still saying 1%?

xXKonan

As I said before having Dembele+Coutinho in January and onwards would be huge for this squad. sure we can't play Phil in the CL but his presence in the League would be big along with Dembele to help keep that large gap we have and potentially resting the likes of Iniesta/Messi etc to have them fresh for the CL.

Considering the job Valverde has done so far, I can't wait to see what he can do with having a fresh Dembele and possibly Coutinho for the second half of the season.

Devils

Very happy that we are signing the best Brazilian player on the planet and the best of this generation. Also the most disciplined (alongside Paulinho). Great to have classy Brazilians on this team and not ones who have mafia families or those that exhibit thug animal behaviour.

God Serena

The people who say we should sign him in the summer because he "Isn't needed" for the rest of this season need a reality check if you ask me. Just because we have a good lead in La Liga now doesn't mean we're stuck there. We still need to win our remaining games. All it'd take right now is for us to have an injury in midfield and we're stuck with Gomes as a starter. Is this really what you want? There's no chance in hell Alena sees any sort of minutes until at least next season if he's not loaned to Betis or something so he's out of the question, and Roberto is our starting RB whether we like to admit it or not, so he's not much of an option, either.

And really, those of you saying he's not needed until the summer will be the same ones saying he needs time to adapt if he does come in the summer and underwhelms in the first few months.

Kohe321

[MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] I honestly laughed out loud. Matter of hours should become our new club motto, replacing Més Que Un Club.

Last edited:

Devils

It makes no sense for us to not sign him now.

He wouldn't be any cheaper in the summer. So if we can have him now why would we wait?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Talking about Liverpool journalists etc stop being so touchy.

Xavi was praising the likes of Paulinho signing last summer as well.

How did anyone 'bend over to PSG'?

I know you were telling us all last summer how shit Paulinho was and whole of europe would be laughing at Barca for trying to pay 90 odd million for Coutinho or board are idiots for going for Valverde instead of Samapoli but you need to chill oot min.

Haha new level of arrogance talking for Cruyff.

Busquets on Segura after Pique incident and signings: "We didn't lose because of a single piece of play. It's not the best way to express yourself and even less so from within the club, aimed at a player.
"The team doesn't need signings because of this result," he said, as quoted by Mundo Deportivo. "We need them because you have to renew things

Xavi: 'They have gone to sleep because five or six years ago they had the best players in the world for the system that they wanted to play. Now for that system they have five or six who fit the system but they need 11 to make it work.
'Before you would never see a player and think: "He would be good at Barca" because they were all there already. They have signed players who do not fit the system.'
'When in doubt use the players coming through. Thiago Alcantara left and had every right to because he was not getting the chances.'

Rivaldo:
“It is not easy to lose two straight games with Real Madrid and listen to newcomers directly blaming players who have won everything. This shows a lack of experience to deal with players of this level. Players deserve respect, those who are and those who will come.
If the President consents to this type of behavior there will be two opposite directions in the Club, and for the successes to arrive we all need to follow the same path. In football we win and we lose all. It is time to join and work in the same direction.
The most important competitions have not yet started and all of us who want to Barça hope that with the money from the sale of Neymar football players will make the difference. I also wonder if in Barça B or at the base we can see again players like Puyol , Xavi , Iniesta , Pique and Víctor Valdés , among many others.
We will stop worrying exclusively about being champions of the lower divisions and give opportunities to the people of the house. We must all work for the first team. Football is confidence and courage, and this is the line that has put Barça on top.
One must also trust the new coach and hire in a thoughtful way, not with the rush and lack of planning up until now. It is not necessary to be satisfied seeing as a general manager or a sports director the foreign money is spent without responsibility, sense or commitment. This is where the greatest degree of fault is in sports failures, not in those who enter a field of play.

Cruyff himself: "I am with Laporta, mostly because of the values. Barca has lost them and before anything else there should be principles, values. Money is secondary.
"Values like La Masia have been lost. Before it was a magical word, now that has disappeared.
"In addition, Barca has by a long way won the world prize for being caught up in judiciary issues and that cannot be. We must take this seriously.
"The drive by Barcelona to help the world with UNICEF was the most powerful drive in the world. With this initiative the club won acclaim in a social context. But now it isn't there.
"Neymar is always in the eye of the hurricane for non-sporting reasons. Seven trials, La Masia doesn't exist, UNICEF doesn't exist.
"I'm not saying what they have to do, I'm saying that in 2010 there were certain values that are not there now."

Don't try and pretend like Cruyff wasn't aligned against the board from the get go. What happened this past summer is simply an expansion/extension of the incompetence of the past, it's idiotic to pretend he wouldn't have known that. Yet you try to spin it as "arrogance".

We all saw what those players saw and that is the failures that this board have inflicted on the team for years. Spending 160m on Coutinho won't change the past and there's no point in revising it.

JamDav1982

DonAndres chill out.

You got most of it wrong so just calma calma.

Notice you omit the quotes from Xavi praising the signing of Paulinho or choice of Valverde as manager but all good.

Where is this evidence of Barca 'bending over for PSG'?

Thought you might ignore it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans