7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Liverpool still couldn't beat Sevilla at home now even after they lost Sampaoli and key players. Tottenham are probably a bit better than Sevilla, but I don't think Liverpool are and they look very vulnerable in the league and are more prone to poor runs of form and losing to shite teams.

This is also the most flattering season for EPL in a while. 2013-17 Atleti and Sevilla are better than most of their best teams easily and there was literally no possible comparison between EPL and La Liga. Now things are more even as la liga has gotten weaker and EPL stronger after this summer window.

JamDav1982

Liverpool still couldn't beat Sevilla at home now even after they lost Sampaoli and key players. Tottenham are probably a bit better than Sevilla, but I don't think Liverpool are and they look very vulnerable in the league and are more prone to poor runs of form and losing to shite teams.

Liverpool absolutely dominated them and on another day win it at a canter. Would think Liverpool will top that group.

I expected Liverpool to be better but they were a long way the better side in that game despite the final score.

Leicester City knocked out Sampoalis Sevilla last season as well. That was a stronger Sevilla side that Leicester were not as good as but still they beat them.

2013 - 2017 Atletico were better than English sides over that time clearly. Sevilla no.

JamDav1982

Premier League bottom teams overrated while their La Liga counterparts are underrated.

Dont agree with that. Unless it is throw away comments from EPL fans saying all teams are strong but there are more poor sides at bottom of La Liga for me.

serghei

I'd say it's not a lot between lower table Spanish sides and their EPL counterparts. I think it's about even, maybe even with a slight edge for the La Liga teams. EPL has the edge for places 3-6 I think, or something like that. I think Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool are better than Sevilla, Villareal, Bilbao. Spain has the edge at the top, with Barca, Real, Atletico being better than any EPL team imo.

I agree with [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], I think lower level EPL teams are overrated because they have more money. They may have money, but the technical level of their players is not as good as in La Liga, and the tactics can be very basic and even rudimentary at times.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd say it's not a lot between lower table Spanish sides and their EPL counterparts. I think it's about even, maybe even with a slight edge for the La Liga teams. EPL has the edge for places 3-6 I think, or something like that. Spain has the edge at the top.

I think I'd agree with that although I'd argue Atletico still deserves to be rated ahead of Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City.

They've been in two CL finals last four years and lost out to eventual winners in the SF one year.

PL bottom teams more physical, but La Liga bottom teams more smarter. Even they've been progressing last few years. Probably won't see a 100 point season anytime soon.

JamDav1982

I think it is a bit of a myth about these great technical players lower down la liga and could pick out better players in lower half of EPL.

La Liga strength is the big three. The other teams barely register in CL.

There is probably more transfers between La Liga lower players and championship in England then EPL.

SeloBarca

I think it is a bit of a myth about these great technical players lower down la liga and could pick out better players in lower half of EPL.

La Liga strength is the big three. The other teams barely register in CL.

There is probably more transfers between La Liga lower players and championship in England then EPL.
You mean exactly like in EPL?. Sevilla, Bilbao etc beat teams like Tottenham and Liverpool most of the time.

wisconsincule

Real has more dignity than Barca, they are bigger team than your team, you had a player like Messi, who comes once a century, you used that advantage pretty well. you will be a Sevilla level team after Messi.

ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT?

I hate Liverpool trolls more than anything. Where do you come from?

aaron101

That troll is still bitter about Suarez leaving them and us wanting to sign Coutinho in the transfer window. Every season they, always say that their club is coming back to the big stage lol. They can't even win Europa league to save their asses. They even struggle to qualify for the UCL lol. They can't even keep their best players because they are underachievers lol. Torres, Sterling, Suarez, and next year Coutinho.

Ursegor

World Champion
Real has more dignity than Barca, they are bigger team than your team, you had a player like Messi, who comes once a century, you used that advantage pretty well. you will be a Sevilla level team after Messi.

We will be on the level of a team that rekt you in a European Cup Final?

BBZ8800

Nope, you are not too good. Yet they are too weak because of previous tv deal, where you got half of it while other 18 teams got the other half. you didn't give the chance to improve to them. Most teams are in financial difficulty thank to you and Real.

Sevilla is a L.City, Everton level team. They did amazing in EL in the past.

We have Arsenal, Chealse, M.City, M.United, Liverpool, Tottenham also stronger midtable and lowtable teams compared to A.Madrid who in declined since 2 years, Barca(who still a Messi depended team) and Real. you call this league as competitive? Come on. You can do better.

Why were Barca and Real much better than the rest even 20 years ago?
It wasn't becuase of a Tv deal.

There must be something else then.
Real won 3 CLs in 1998, 2000, 2002, something which no English team (or all English teams combined) can't achieve in 5 years.
How come?

Time for Sherlock again :sherlock:

Home of Barca Fans