7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gasgas

4-2-3-1 with Messi on the right and Coutinho in the middle with Neymar on the left, if he comes which is a big IF. Plus, I mentioned this quite some times but 4-2-3-1 suits our current crop of players and is much more better defensive wise.

:lol:
Have you been watching Barca this season.

Messi plays in the middle.

We are looking for someone to occupy the right wing not the centres

Cool

:lol:
Have you been watching Barca this season.

Messi plays in the middle.

We are looking for someone to occupy the right wing not the centres

I've been watching, what I am saying is a 4-4-3 wont work if Coutinho comes, so our best bet is playing a 4-2-3-1 and fitting him in there. Oh, Messi THIS season is playing in the middle. Next season with a new coach, he might have different plans, he might:

A) Tell the club to sign a WC midfielder and an RB.

B) Might demand of Messi to play as an RW.

I dont think you believe the club have enough funds to purchase a capable CM and RB and RW, right?

I certainly dont think so. I think we're surely getting an RB but we're not getting a CM and RW, must pick one.

gasgas

I've been watching, what I am saying is a 4-4-3 wont work if Coutinho comes, so our best bet is playing a 4-2-3-1 and fitting him in there. Oh, Messi THIS season is playing in the middle. Next season with a new coach, he might have different plans, he might:

A) Tell the club to sign a WC midfielder and an RB.

B) Might demand of Messi to play as an RW.

I dont think you believe the club have enough funds to purchase a capable CM and RB and RW, right?

I certainly dont think so. I think we're surely getting an RB but we're not getting a CM and RW, must pick one.

Messi wants to play in the middle, whoever the new coach is, he must build on starting from that

You don't move Messi to the wing if he likes playing centrally and that for Coutinho, a hot and cold kid from Liverpool?
Give me a break

Cool

Messi wants to play in the middle, whoever the new coach is, he must build on starting from that

You don't move Messi to the wing if he likes playing centrally and that for Coutinho, a hot and cold kid from Liverpool?
Give me a break

I could care less about Coutinho and I think the price tag that will come with him will be quite hefty and he'll not be worth it. But, I'm just curious about one point, Imagine this situation with me, the new coach of FC Barcelona is Gasgas.

We're in the middle of the season, we've had our first Clasico with Real Madrid and we've played a couple of big matches say with Sevilla and for the sake of the argument PSG or Atletico Madrid in the CL. Now, you notice in the big matches Messi playing in the center in a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 is not quite working because players are surrounding him and it's making it quite hard for him.

Do you keep playing Messi in the center just because he "likes it" or do you go ahead and put him in the RW position and perhaps play Iniesta behind Suarez?

With all due respect man and I like your posts on here and this is not a shot at you or anything because I don't really come on here to disrespect people or mock them and cause a big fuss with arguments BUT it has to be said.

Some members are being sold too early on Messi playing in the center and we're yet to see how it pans out against strong opponents, that's just my opinion. No hate on Messi too.

gasgas

I could care less about Coutinho and I think the price tag that will come with him will be quite hefty and he'll not be worth it. But, I'm just curious about one point, Imagine this situation with me, the new coach of FC Barcelona is Gasgas.

We're in the middle of the season, we've had our first Clasico with Real Madrid and we've played a couple of big matches say with Sevilla and for the sake of the argument PSG or Atletico Madrid in the CL. Now, you notice in the big matches Messi playing in the center in a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 is not quite working because players are surrounding him and it's making it quite hard for him.

Do you keep playing Messi in the center just because he "likes it" or do you go ahead and put him in the RW position and perhaps play Iniesta behind Suarez?

With all due respect man and I like your posts on here and this is not a shot at you or anything because I don't really come on here to disrespect people or mock them and cause a big fuss with arguments BUT it has to be said.

Some members are being sold too early on Messi playing in the center and we're yet to see how it pans out against strong opponents, that's just my opinion. No hate on Messi too.

Messi has been playing centrally since 2008/9 when Pep moved him there and put Etoo on the wing,

2014/15 was the exception, and Messi was the one who decided to move there, himself to accomodate Suarez

And now Messi himself has moved back to the center

Messi centrally not working against big opponents?

It has proven to work for 8 years so in this case we will look for other reasons and they are plenty

Not enough movement, walking and waiting for the ball instead of moving to receive it etc.

And just to correct you

You don't put Messi in a position :lol:

You don't tell Messi, play RW. He plays wherever he wants and he wants a free role where he dictates games

Cool

Messi has been playing centrally since 2008/9 when Pep moved him there and put Etoo on the wing,

2014/15 was the exception, and Messi was the one who decided to move there, himself to accomodate Suarez

And now Messi himself has moved back to the center

Messi centrally not working against big opponents?

It has proven to work for 8 years so in this case we will look for other reasons and they are plenty

Not enough movement, walking and waiting for the ball instead of moving to receive it etc.

And just to correct you

You don't put Messi in a position :lol:

You don't tell Messi, play RW. He plays wherever he wants and he wants a free role where he dictates games

We'll agree to disagree, but, just on those bolded points:

1) C'mon, Lucho deserves some credit for the RW switch.

2) I agree that point, I don't want Messi to play centrally if he has zero ball movement.

gasgas

We'll agree to disagree, but, just on those bolded points:

1) C'mon, Lucho deserves some credit for the RW switch.

2) I agree that point, I don't want Messi to play centrally if he has zero ball movement.

It was all Messi
Lucho takes 0 credit
Lucho was all set to play Suarez as RW and Messi as False 9

but Messi saw Suarez at center works better and asked Suarez to stay there

But on the wing it needs a loooooooot more movement and running, look at Neymar, you think Messi would agree playing that way to pave room for Coutinho??

Cool

It was all Messi
Lucho takes 0 credit
Lucho was all set to play Suarez as RW and Messi as False 9

but Messi saw Suarez at center works better and asked Suarez to stay there

But on the wing it needs a loooooooot more movement and running, look at Neymar, you think Messi would agree playing that way to pave room for Coutinho??

Well, I don't think Coutinho will come, didn't he just sign a new contract with Liverpool?

clemente

New contract doesn't mean anything, I actually wouldn't mind Coutinho, even though I think he doesn't fit us and we have no place for him, hes not good enough and many other reasons but just because the chemistry he would have with Neymar I think it could work out, would be nice to look at those bus parking cunts dealing with that brazilian force

Jenks

Well of course he "recycles" possession, he is a winger for a team that plays very direct style of football, it's natural that he tries to make things happen. He still has pretty good numbers for a winger though - 82.4% passing accuracy even Rakitic has 84.7% passing accuracy.
The thing is if we search for a player who is pure CM, consistent, good passer, young, good defensively, proven in La Liga:)robert:), not injury prone and available then we'll end up playing Iniesta until he is 40...

Coutinho is not a winger.

Home of Barca Fans