7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BBZ8800

If this were true, why hasn't Dembele been signed already?

And why bother bidding for another player that isn't for sale at any price?

Call me skeptical...

About Dembele, we could have offered 150M a few weeks ago, but that sounds like a robbery.
His price 2 Months ago was 90M, lol.
Suddenly it jumped to 150.
So, our board wanted to lower the price or at elast add some "harder" variables.

Bvb wants monkey easy variables which will be achieved 99% surely and a transfer will end as a 150M surely.
Our board probably wanted to lower the total amount to 130 OR to make it 150 but with some variables which will never happen (multiple CLs), or if they will happen, we won't mind since we will be highly successful.

150M for Dembele with monkey easy variables is a robbery. We should call the police.
I personally can't blame a board on this one.

This transfer has insanely high chances to end as the biggest/most expensive flop in a modern football history.
Dembele is a huge potential, but you know how a story goes with potentials...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@BBZ8800

It's the board's fault for not approaching BVB to sign him in July when Neymar was making moves. Instead of calling Neymar Sr's bluff, they sat idle on their asses.

I imagine we could have had him for less had we approached them a few weeks earlier than in August. Would have given Dortmund more time to find a replacement who could go on pre-season with them and we wouldn't have the Neymar money in account then either.

springfield

@BBZ8800

It's the board's fault for not approaching BVB to sign him in July when Neymar was making moves. Instead of calling Neymar Sr's bluff, they sat idle on their asses.

I imagine we could have had him for less had we approached them a few weeks earlier than in August. Would have given Dortmund more time to find a replacement who could go on pre-season with them and we wouldn't have the Neymar money in account then either.

They could never get a deal done before Neymar left. Without Neymar leaving he was of no use. They could get everything ready and once Neymar left officially finalise it but then Dortmund could still decide to ask more. But then again, Dembele would never come if Neymar was still at Barcelona. So getting a deal done without letting them know it's to replace Neymar was impossible.

BBZ8800

@BBZ8800

Well, you know that Rossell and Barto thought that their biggest gift to Barca's fans, Earth in general and humans, was buying Neymar (lol).
So, they wanted to do everything they can to "make history" and keep the clown here (and win 1 CL in 8 years with him here).

We could have bought Dembele then for 90M, but he probably wouldn't come with MSN still here.
But now, after Neymar is gone, I can't blame the board for trying to avoid this 150M Dembele and 170M Coutinho robbery and trying to lower the price.

But since the board will get sacked soon, they went all in now with 150 and 170M.
It's not their money.
If Cou+Demb will fail=they (the board) tried.
If these two will be a success=the board will be "geniuses".

A win-win for a peanuts sum of 320M euros.

Fans and longterm future and our financial balance will be the only losers here.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Still if you want to give us 150m euros for Coutinho be my guest :D

The new rumor is even 150m is not enough. I think this ends the chances of Coutinho transfer. After spending 120+30 on Dembele don't think we can spend that much on Coutinho. I hope you guys integrate him again and there will be no bad feeling between club and player.

dakt

He's not worth 150 million. Maybe 80. Maybe. I'm not fascinated by him, but as is the case with BVB and Dembele, Liverpool is also a greedy brat.

SimoSky

Barca board is stupid but Reds board is much worst.

Refusing more than 120-130 million for Coutinho is a total madness. Still more considering that the player wants to leave.

It's incredibile.

Home of Barca Fans