7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BarçaBarça

Really fine tonight, but still telling that Dembele walks onto the pitch and scores like nothing, while Coutinho fights for every decent action..

Pepe Silvia

Coutinho got bodied out there... he had bright moments but the end mostly resulted in back passes and negative actions. I can't defend that.

Givenchy

go on FIFA, put a players physical attributes to 1 and try dribbling on Ultimate difficulty.. thats what Coutinho reminds me of

Arizona Scott

Really fine tonight, but still telling that Dembele walks onto the pitch and scores like nothing, while Coutinho fights for every decent action..

Well let's remember it was Messi sucking up the defense and a peach of a pass involved in Dembele's goal. If we get a good 45-60 minutes out of Coutinho I am fine--his stamina and workrate have never been his strengths even at his best, but I know this will never be satisfactory for him and many of the other bluegranas at Barcawhinersforum.com

BarçaBarça

Well let's remember it was Messi sucking up the defense and a peach of a pass involved in Dembele's goal. If we get a good 45-60 minutes out of Coutinho I am fine--his stamina and workrate have never been his strengths even at his best, but I know this will never be satisfactory for him and many of the other bluegranas at Barcawhinersforum.com

True. Still, I think he will manage to pull through 90 minutes if he was truly on a roll. I've said it before - he needs goals/assists in 3 games in a row before we can see his true potential here at Barca. Right now he is still a bit broken mentally. This goal was a good start, let's hope he can continue and extend his goalcontribution a few more matches.

Andresito

Staff member
How does people in here not understand that his goal now is to IMPROVE from the shitty form he's had. Tonight he showed an IMPROVEMENT.

You can't expect someone playing their worst football in their career to suddenly perform like a 160M player. It's about taking it step by step.

Yesterday was a step forward.

FinBarcelonafan

How does people in here not understand that his goal now is to IMPROVE from the shitty form he's had. Tonight he showed an IMPROVEMENT.

You can't expect someone playing their worst football in their career to suddenly perform like a 160M player. It's about taking it step by step.

Yesterday was a step forward.

Well said.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Why does he look grumpy all the time? He has that "get me out of here" face everytime I see him. When was the last time someone saw him smile? He doesn't even look happy when he scores. With this mentality I do not expect much improvements in his play. Sell him back to EPL if he's not happy here.

Home of Barca Fans