6 - Carles Alena

clemente

Please leave in the winter, his potential is insane but EV is doing everything possible to make sure he gets Denis'd.

gregorrin10

Maybe not ahead of Vidal, but he should surely be in front of Denis, who needs to be sold in January. Samper the same, even though i feel so bad for him, but not for Denis. Rafinha has shown multiple times that he can be a valuable option form the bench and the occasional starter, but only if he of course stays fit, which is still highly questionable. So with the rising emergence of Puig, i'd also like for Rafinha to be sold next summer, cause he'd also bring us some good money at the same time, and his sale would give a chance to a much more special talent in Puig. While Alena needs to start getting his chances this season already, and that means Denis needs to go in the winter, he's had enough time and chances to impress, and he didn't. I would keep Munir until the summer at least just like Rafinha, but then also time to sell him, and get a new talented La Masia kid in there instead, someone like Abel Ruiz perhaps, or just buy a new world class striker, which we are due for anyway, since Suarez also isn't gonna be here anymore for more than 2-3 years.

But knowing this Board and Valverde, Alena will be the one who gets sent out on loan to Betis or something in January, while Denis will keep on being frozen out, which he absolutely deserves, so we'll have to rely mostly on Vidal and Rafinha for midfield subs, which is far from ideal given Rafinha's questionable fitness. Denis isn't good enoguh and he clearly won't get his chance here, so why keep him and send a more talented player in Alena away? I hope i am wrong, but it's likely i won't be.

Last edited:

Porque

Well, Betis would be a great loan move for Alena. Probably the best loan move possible for him. So if he goes there in January for half a season or a season and a half I would be all for it.

tacticvarium

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/298365152?loop=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Minutes played 57'
Accurate passes 50 (94%)
Key passes 2
Long balls (acc.) 8 (8)
Shots on target 1
Dribble attempts (succ.) 4 (4)
Duels (won) 9 (7)
Dispossessed 0

Last edited:

Joan

Glad to see him in the squad. Could do well in Rafinha's place. But I expect Dembele to start.

clemente

Just give him a chance at least, thats all I ask, shove him into la liga match and let him fail, then you can at least know that he isn't good enough. But now EV just straight up plays starting 11 every match and there is no youth development AT ALL.

Sorin

I want him to play at least 30 minutes tonight. Hell, if I would be the manager I'd start him outright but even some minutes in the second half would be great. Watch him warm the bench for the whole match though.

Joan

I want him to play at least 30 minutes tonight. Hell, if I would be the manager I'd start him outright but even some minutes in the second half would be great. Watch him warm the bench for the whole match though.

+1

Sorin

I mean, Rayo is 19th in La Liga, sporting a whooping -10 goal difference and if the young/bench guys can't get minutes against this kind of team, then they won't ever be able to get minutes. There's no excuse for not playing them. Ditto with Malcom, who even though hasn't had a good match against Leonesa, should have been given some confidence and be on the bench at least and again some minutes in the second half. This is how young guys grow, not by playing with fear of being dropped to the fucking stands for every goddamn mistake they make.

Home of Barca Fans