6 - Carles Alena

Joan

He is officially listed as a first team player in any official list I've seen. Not sure why the mods refuse to move his thread. It's been well known he'd be promoted after last season, too.

Maybe his injury is why they won't do it?

I thought they didn't move it since he was supposed to start the season with the B team to gain some fitness.

They've moved it though. Feels nice. Haven't done that in a while.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He got squad number 26.

That's not a number of a 1st team player. He's still registered as a Barca B player so I would assume he'll spend most of his time there until January at least.

Toecrusher

EV just said in a press confernce that "Alena is a player of the first team" and that "his case is totally different from Miranda and Puig"

cro-man

I am surprised we didnt loan him out. This promotion is in his contract so there is no way around it. I think he is only here because there is a need of showing that la masia is not dead... i am not impressed by him and he is far from being good enough for the first team.

God Serena

I am surprised we didnt loan him out. This promotion is in his contract so there is no way around it. I think he is only here because there is a need of showing that la masia is not dead... i am not impressed by him and he is far from being good enough for the first team.

If I go through your post history I really hope I don't see any posts of you nutting yourself over Puig.

cro-man

If I go through your post history I really hope I don't see any posts of you nutting yourself over Puig.

Dont worry i like what i saw from puig so far and for me he already showed more signs of talent than alena ever did. Still its very early and both are very young and you never know how those kids will end up.

God Serena

Dont worry i like what i saw from puig so far and for me he already showed more signs of talent than alena ever did. Still its very early and both are very young and you never know how those kids will end up.

Oh, okay. Someone who's never seen a Barca B or Juvenil game from either player, then.

Nevermind then. Carry on.

God Serena

Lol. I'll be happy if Puig shows close to what Alena did with the B team.

If he does that we'd potentially have a second golden generation midfield on our hands with Busi :lol:

It doesn't even irk me to see such comments anymore, I just wonder what they'll say when Alena gets his fitness back and starts getting minutes.

Joan

If he does that we'd potentially have a second golden generation midfield on our hands with Busi :lol:

It doesn't even irk me to see such comments anymore, I just wonder what they'll say when Alena gets his fitness back and starts getting minutes.

Oh, then wait for see-I-told-you-never-Barca-level comments after first poor 5 minutes on the pitch.

Alena is an amazing talent. All this gibberish is not chaning the fact.

God Serena

Oh, then wait for see-I-told-you-never-Barca-level comments after first poor 5 minutes on the pitch.

Alena is an amazing talent. All this gibberish is not chaning the fact.

Those same people would turn on Puig in a heartbeat the moment he gets promoted, too, which is what's so damn funny. Happens all the time. The sun always seems like it's going to get brighter, even as the moon rises...

cro-man

What should we expect when he gets his fitness/minutes? The last time he played for us he was awfull and was not ready. My prediction is he will go on loan next season and will end up like the most la masia wonder kids recently. If puig will end up better or worse i cant tell. I just know that puig left a better impression with the first team than alena ever did and that against stronger teams as well. Just preseason but still...

God Serena

What should we expect when he gets his fitness/minutes? The last time he played for us he was awfull and was not ready. My prediction is he will go on loan next season and will end up like the most la masia wonder kids recently. If puig will end up better or worse i cant tell. I just know that puig left a better impression with the first team than alena ever did and that against stronger teams as well. Just preseason but still...

Ah, assumptions based on a single game compared to another player in pre-season.

Lovely.

Home of Barca Fans