6 - Carles Alena

messi1995

Song was prefered by the club more than Thiago and thats true. It's confirmed by many journalists close to the club. Thiago got few playing times and you can't even explain why. He was pushed out so this criminal board could get money to sign Neymar. You don't know anything about this club if don't believe its true.

JamDav1982

No he wasnt.

Song was nothing to do with Thiago and played a different position.

Thiago was not pushed out by anyone and there was no involvement to drive down his fee which makes no sense anyway if looking to sell him and raise money.

You do not have a clue what you are on about.

Thiago got plenty playing time and was the fourth best of the CMs on performances that season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Song was signed to be a CB :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I suppose that says it all about the squad planning.

Imagine Alena is promoted, but struggles initially with Rakitic getting game after game, performing better with the former getting sold at the end of the season because he was a worse performer than the latter.

That's kind of how it went with Thiago and Cesc, not to forget an ageing Xavi with more injury issues.

Bad squad planning and lack of vision. Alarm bells should have rung when our former coach wanted to sign him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Song was signed to be a CB :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I suppose that says it all about the squad planning.

Imagine Alena is promoted, but struggles initially with Rakitic getting game after game, performing better with the former getting sold at the end of the season because he was a worse performer than the latter.

That's kind of how it went with Thiago and Cesc, not to forget an ageing Xavi with more injury issues.

Not really as Thiago played a lot and wasnt better than Cesc that last season.

More could have been done to keep him but he wasnt being unfairly treated in terms of minutes compared to other players.

Xavi being rushed back by Tito and played in his place was probably more unfair.

DonAK

Not really as Thiago played a lot and wasnt better than Cesc that last season.

More could have been done to keep him but he wasnt being unfairly treated in terms of minutes compared to other players.

I didn't say that though, but Thiago ultimately was a better fit to the way Barcelona played even if Cesc was performing better. Took only one more season for Cesc to leave the club.

Could have kept him if Tito played him to prevent that clause from coming into play. When the man said he doesn't care about contracts when the league was wrapped up, he essentially gave up on him and was ready to let him go. He knew he could have prevented it from happening, or to at least prevent Thiago from having an easy way out, but he was ready to let him go.

For what really? 100 point season no one really cares about now?

DonAK

It's not only bringing on Song as a CB and letting Thiago leave or have an easy way out, but other decisions in terms of squad planning that have been far from optimal that never is discussed by the Catalan press.

It's a disgrace really and why people these days have no trust in the press when they have ulterior motives and try to protect certain people.

messi1995

Thiago Alcantara was pushed out of the club for the lowest price we could contractually sell him, so the money would go towards Neymar’s signing.

It wasn’t a coincidence he didn’t play the minimum amount of matches that season, the amount that would keep his buyout clause at 90mi euros, and not 18mil.
And he wasn’t sold for 25mi euros, as FC Barcelona reported.
It was 20mi, plus 1mi due to that friendly we played to Bayern. The other 4mi were counted as the salary Thiago was waving to sign with Bayern.
So, our most promising midfielder from La Masia was sold so there was money to be used elsewhere.
Again, the priority was money.
Sporting planning, preparing to a future without Xavi/Iniesta and respecting La Masia players were never this board’s concern.

This is confirmed by Albert roge, Gerard Romero and Josep Capdevilla. They are one of journalists that is close to the club and is never wrong. What the hell do you know? This is not something I made up, but something which is confirmed by them. Tell why Thiago got few playing time in games where Xavi was rested? You can't. They wanted to lower his buyout clause and when Bayern wanted sign him, they never did anything to keep him. You don't know anything about this club. I have followed Barca closely since I was 5 and my father has supported this club since 1987 so ok jamdav1982 know better than us 😂😂 go away looser.

JamDav1982

I didn't say that though, but Thiago ultimately was a better fit to the way Barcelona played even if Cesc was performing better. Took only one more season for Cesc to leave the club.

Could have kept him if Tito played him to prevent that clause from coming into play. When the man said he doesn't care about contracts when the league was wrapped up, he essentially gave up on him and was ready to let him go. He knew he could have prevented it from happening, or to at least prevent Thiago from having an easy way out, but he was ready to let him go.

For what really? 100 point season no one really cares about now?

He was a better fit and was obviously going to be Barca mid in future but performance wise he was not treated badly or forced out.

The analogy with Rakitic and Alena is not how it went for Thiago that season.

Tito could have played him for the clause and maybe not doing that or making more effort to persuade him to stay was the error but dont think Tito thought like that.

JamDav1982

Thiago Alcantara was pushed out of the club for the lowest price we could contractually sell him, so the money would go towards Neymar’s signing.

It wasn’t a coincidence he didn’t play the minimum amount of matches that season, the amount that would keep his buyout clause at 90mi euros, and not 18mil.
And he wasn’t sold for 25mi euros, as FC Barcelona reported.
It was 20mi, plus 1mi due to that friendly we played to Bayern. The other 4mi were counted as the salary Thiago was waving to sign with Bayern.
So, our most promising midfielder from La Masia was sold so there was money to be used elsewhere.
Again, the priority was money.
Sporting planning, preparing to a future without Xavi/Iniesta and respecting La Masia players were never this board’s concern.

This is confirmed by Albert roge, Gerard Romero and Josep Capdevilla. They are one of journalists that is close to the club and is never wrong. What the hell do you know? This is not something I made up, but something which is confirmed by them. Tell why Thiago got few playing time in games where Xavi was rested? You can't. They wanted to lower his buyout clause and when Bayern wanted sign him, they never did anything to keep him. You don't know anything about this club. I have followed Barca closely since I was 5 and my father has supported this club since 1987 so ok jamdav1982 know better than us ���� go away looser.

Again you make no sense saying club sold him for money to get Neymar by doing the one thing that took any fee down.

The reason he didnt play the number of games required is because Tito never picked him enough. Simple as that and with his stop start to season it wasnt enough to trigger increased clause.

Thiago started virtually every game Xavi missed in that second part of the season. So again you are wrong.

So many things you dont have a clue about and naming journalists means nothing.

Not surprised likes of you want to slander Tito as a liar and board puppet..fits you.

Post a link where those journalists back up your claims.... if they claim what you do then they too are morons as it makes no sense.

Last edited:

DonAK

He was a better fit and was obviously going to be Barca mid in future but performance wise he was not treated badly or forced out.

The analogy with Rakitic and Alena is not how it went for Thiago that season.

Tito could have played him for the clause and maybe not doing that or making more effort to persuade him to stay was the error but dont think Tito thought like that.

The analogy with Alenya and Rakitic was more about the lack of vision the club had at that time. Now I have no doubt they would send Rakitic packing even if he performs better because they fucked up badly in 2013. In fact they might even force the coach to play a player if it comes to that.

Alenya will be a better fit than Rakitic, but if Rakitic is performing better next season when he's promoted and you can only keep one, they would have picked Rakitic back in 2013 because they were so shortsighted.

JamDav1982

The analogy with Alenya and Rakitic was more about the lack of vision the club had at that time. Now I have no doubt they would send Rakitic packing even if he performs better because they fucked up badly in 2013. In fact they might even force the coach to play a player if it comes to that.

Alenya will be a better fit than Rakitic, but if Rakitic is performing better next season when he's promoted and you can only keep one, they would have picked Rakitic back in 2013 because they were so shortsighted.

If Alena came into the first team next season and was better than Rakitic it would be a different scenario though.

Thiago played a lot and it was obvious couldnt play and keep happy four top CMs. Thiago chose to leave no one forced him out.

More could have been done to try and keep him probably but that is a different argument really.

Tito refused to make him any promises.

messi1995

He played less than 30 minutes in more than 60% of Barca's games you moron. Is that enough playing time for you? His buyout clause went from 90M to 25-20M because of that and it was also Tito's fault for not playing him, but it's true that the board never counted on him. He was never supposed to be a part of the group and thats why they sold him for cheap money only to sign Neymar. This board was, is and will always be corrupt. I'm pretty sure that this board told Tito to play him less because they have never counted on la masia players. Remember few weeks ago when Valverde confirmed that Bartomeu wanted Gomes and Paulinho to play more. No surprise at all because they wouldn't do the same to la masia players because they are not physically strong enough or their signings.

JamDav1982

He played less than 30 minutes in more than 60% of Barca's games you moron. Is that enough playing time for you? His buyout clause went from 90M to 25-20M because of that and it was also Tito's fault for not playing him, but it's true that the board never counted on him. He was never supposed to be a part of the group and thats why they sold him for cheap money only to sign Neymar. This board was, is and will always be corrupt. I'm pretty sure that this board told Tito to play him less because they have never counted on la masia players. Remember few weeks ago when Valverde confirmed that Bartomeu wanted Gomes and Paulinho to play more. No surprise at all because they wouldn't do the same to la masia players because they are not physically strong enough or their signings.

He started more than half the league games he was available for and barely got going in firts half of season due to injury.

For his performances and being the fourth best CM that season he got plenty of minutes and was Xavis replacement when he was out but not surprised you didnt know that.

Post your claims from those journalists that say Tito was a board puppet and a liar who was told not to play Thiago.

Where has Valverde said Bartomeu wants Paulinho and Gomes to play more? This another lie you cant back up?

Last edited:

messi1995

He was also happy at Barca as a youth player under Pep. He got plenty of playing times as a 19-20 years old talent deserve, but thing didn't go his way when he next season was left out many times and he wasn't happy. Do you think someone leaves the club because of injury? He left because they counted more on Song and Fabregas which got more playing time than him. The board also made sure he was sold so they could get cheap money and sign Neymar.

Tito never lied about anything. I think he made a mistake by not playing Thiago enough. I think the board was involved to sell Thiago by telling Tito to not play him so they could get cheap money for him.

I never made it up. It was not a deadline news so I can't find the link. It was a normal press conferance where Valverde got 30 questions where one of them was about Gomes and Paulinho. Hard to find a finished stream so I'm sorry that I can't find it fof you. Wish it was a headline news ofc.

Samper may not be good enough, but he was counted by Valverde. It was not Valverde that wanted him loaned out, it was the board. Samper was told by Valverde that the club decided to loan him out so he can get more experience. Before he was told that, Valverde had Samper on his plans.

JamDav1982

He was also happy at Barca as a youth player under Pep. He got plenty of playing times as a 19-20 years old talent deserve, but thing didn't go his way when he next season was left out many times and he wasn't happy. Do you think someone leaves the club because of injury? He left because they counted more on Song and Fabregas which got more playing time than him. The board also made sure he was sold so they could get cheap money and sign Neymar.

Tito never lied about anything. I think he made a mistake by not playing Thiago enough. I think the board was involved to sell Thiago by telling Tito to not play him so they could get cheap money for him.

I never made it up. It was not a deadline news so I can't find the link. It was a normal press conferance where Valverde got 30 questions where one of them was about Gomes and Paulinho. Hard to find a finished stream so I'm sorry that I can't find it fof you. Wish it was a headline news ofc.

Samper may not be good enough, but he was counted by Valverde. It was not Valverde that wanted him loaned out, it was the board. Samper was told by Valverde that the club decided to loan him out so he can get more experience. Before he was told that, Valverde had Samper on his plans.

Yes he was happier under Pep when he was breaking through in team and didnt have same expectations to play as much. Also Pep is the one who signed Fabregas to play a 3-4-3 and gave up on it later in season causing scenario of too many midfielders to keep happy.

What are you on about leaving for injury?

The scenario you believe about board influencing team selection then Tito has to be a liar and board puppet as he denied any knowledge of clause. There is no way can believe board had that influence without accusing Tito of being that.

No link then made up on the Valverde claims.

Players get told shit all the time. Even when Ronaldinho was clearly leaving he was being told he was relied upon next season. Would bet anything Samper is not in squad due to Valverdes opinion of him.

Songs playing time was irrelvant to Thiago. No more relevant than saying Valdes played more than Messi so they counted om him more and even then Thiago actually played more than Song when both fit.

Home of Barca Fans