6 - Carles Alena

clemente

Hope he flexes on the amigos today, puts it into perspective for the delusional fans how criminal it was playing Rakitic every game instead of him

Raketa10

To be fair he didn't show anything special. Usual Alena performance. He is good enough for Betis but he won't ever be a good enough for Barca.

serghei

Like the Betis team. Good first half, missing 2nd half. Seems like the plan was to go all out pressing first half, get a decent lead and defend & time waste in the 2nd. Busi goal did them.

ManusXavi

Shakes head at what he could have been (perhaps should have been) if given more game time at Barca.
I almost brought his shirt 18 months ago thinking he would be the next big thing

Messi983

Shakes head at what he could have been (perhaps should have been) if given more game time at Barca.
I almost brought his shirt 18 months ago thinking he would be the next big thing

Nope, he was always overrated by La Masia cultist and he would never become anything more than a squad player for a season or two before we would sell him. If he would be really as good as some people think he would set the world on fire in his time at Betis and he didn't do that so far.

JamDav1982

Barca will never ever give players game time just to develop them unless in largely meaningless games.

Alena if doesnt make it it is down to him not being quite good enough and not stunted by Barca.

Messi983

Sport says we got an 25m offer from an unnamed EPL club (wouldn't surprise me if from our good friends Everton) for Alena but he rejected them.

Don't believe this offer is true but if it is then I would expect Barca would push Alena to accept going to that club. 25m is a very good money for him in current market.

JamDav1982

Sport says we got an 25m offer from an unnamed EPL club (wouldn't surprise me if from our good friends Everton) for Alena but he rejected them.

Don't believe this offer is true but if it is then I would expect Barca would push Alena to accept going to that club. 25m is a very good money for him in current market.

It said 'top' club so doubt Everton.

Could be Arsenal and Arteta wanting him but struggle to believe any club thinks Barca would want 25m before willing to sell him.

If true that club wants him he should go and take his chances.

Messi983

I wouldn't exactly put too much importance on Sport's expression of a word top club but yeah, Arsenal is the most likely to be interested in Alena amongst the big 6 clubs.

Even more likely it's just a BS rumour.

Porque

If Alena has rejected the "Top EPL club" then it means Barcelona would had to have accepted the offer first, to allow them to speak. So yeah, BS.

Home of Barca Fans