6 - Carles Alena

serghei

He's a good squad player, that's all. Which means he can start some games, but not the biggest ones. Curious to see his development under a top manager, if we ever get a sniff of that under the current board.

There's no doubt Alena could've and should've done better at the goal, but there were several players at fault for that.

Sorin

Thats why I really adore Puig. Hes pure technical brilliance and you can see that in every scene. He has other issues though, but Im much more hopeful for him.

Edit. At the guy above me: Rakitics positional game is miles better than Alenas.

So? Alena's pace is miles better than Rakitic'. What's your point? Don't really want to go into this with you again. I simply have too much sample size of Rakitic being an absolute sieve and to want him gone before a younger, less paid player like Alena. They are both depth level players, only one had his legs gone 3 years ago.

Again let's just agree to disagree on this subject.

mc_lovin

So? Alena's pace is miles better than Rakitic'. What's your point? Don't really want to go into this with you again. I simply have too much sample size of Rakitic being an absolute sieve and to want him gone before a younger, less paid player like Alena. They are both depth level players, only one had his legs gone 3 years ago.

Again let's just agree to disagree on this subject.

I want to go into detail: Alena is playing ridiculously offensive without backing it up with talent. You may say his positional game will improve with game time and a better manager, but that rarely happens. They either have it or they dont. Not that Rakitic is much better, but hes still a better seasoned pro.

Sorin

I want to go into detail: Alena is playing ridiculously offensive without backing it up with talent. You may say his positional game will improve with game time and a better manager, but that rarely happens. They either have it or they dont. Not that Rakitic is much better, but hes still a better seasoned pro.

I'm not going to stand here and argue that Alena is some midfield maestro and that it's a crime that he isn't a surefire starter, not even close. However, I have seen enough of Rakitic being a net negative on the field with his cowardice, turtle like pace and limited on the ball skills to know what to expect from him. Hell, I expect him to become worse and worse as he ages. While Alena is not anything to write home about, he has some pros for him against Rakitic that are making me stand by him in this comparison. Younger, lower wages, pace, he's not a coward at least, he moves off the ball better and asks for the ball instead of hiding behind a player.

Alena, even if he didn't show much so far, at least has some room for improvement. Rakitic, not so much, while also being an entitled diva with shit mentality. He also can't back his talk in the media with performances on the pitch. For me, it's a no brainer. Fair enough if you disagree but for me there's no doubt who we should get rid of in this winter.

BusiTheKing

Both Vidal and Messi's goal came from moves that started with Alena playing it forward. They weren't great passes and you couldn't immediately see that they were going to become something, but still he played them and that's two goals we wouldn't have scored otherwise.

Right now we have a bit of a mentality that dictates we only go for things that look like a good chance in advance. Sometimes you just gotta go for it and see what happens. That's the offensive mindset that Alena brings.

George_Costanza

Going on oan to Betis. Another young player bites the dust under Shitverde.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-27-at-1-52-06-PM.png

giphy.gif

BBZ8800

With Alena leaving, that means that Raki and Vidal will probably stay.

Since we will have only:
1. Frenkie
2. Busi

Alena gone.
Arthur unreliable in terms of being match fit.

mc_lovin

With Alena leaving, that means that Raki and Vidal will probably stay.

Since we will have only:
1. Frenkie
2. Busi

Alena gone.
Arthur unreliable in terms of being match fit.

Dream would be to get rid of Vidal as well and go for Eriksen (or someone else) in winter. Alena gone is a good first step.

YodaMaster

Eriksen is overrated on this forum. Just as much as Coutinho in 2017. Both good players, but at Barça they’ll look average. They’ll even look like shit under current manager.

mc_lovin

Eriksen is overrated on this forum. Just as much as Coutinho in 2017. Both good players, but at Barça they’ll look average. They’ll even look like shit under current manager.

Im not the biggest Eriksen fan myself, but what are the options? Olmo or Ruiz, who are thrice as expensive (or more) and not overly impressive either? I see Eriksen on the (Sevilla) Rakitic level and that would be great for us right now (if he regains form etc). Eriksen/Busquets/Frenkie/Arthur+1 of Vidal/Rakitic sounds better than the options we have at the moment.

Im not the biggest Eriksen fan myself, but what are the options? Olmo or Ruiz, who are thrice as expensive (or more) and not overly impressive either? I see Eriksen on the (Sevilla) Rakitic level and that would be great for us right now (if he regains form etc). Eriksen/Busquets/Frenkie/Arthur+1 of Vidal/Rakitic sounds better than the options we have at the moment.

Olmo wouldn't be extortionate. I'd rather pay 50m for Olmo than get Eriksen for free because Eriksen is no way neat good enough for us, will make us weaker and would take up a space in the team . And we should use the term free loosely here. Extortionate wages and huge signing on fee will be a certainty if he goes for free.

serghei

Tend to agree. Somehow similar to Alexis Sanchez from a few years ago. On one of their great days they look better than they consistently can be. It is possibly the right way to put it. Isco is similar, so are many other players who can do pretty crazy stuff on any given day but the consistency is not what you expect from an elite player.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Eriksen will be free and a much better player in the CM than Coutinho. Low risk.

Home of Barca Fans