6 - Carles Alena

Porque

Pretty good tonight. I felt we lost a bit of our attacking intent when he went off, which is a big compliment to his role.

Catta

Great game, will only get better with time, it seems our midfield is sorted for the future with Alena, Arthur and De Jong. We just need a young strong DM destroyer.

EdmondDantes

Played really really well but got subbed anyways. That's the way Valverde works. The old under-performing dinosaurs must stay on the pitch regardless of how they are playing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is Barca. Best performer gets subbed first while shittiests stay on to stink up everything.

tacticvarium

Happy that he is performing well.
When he starts to play more regularly in the next season, he will gain more confidence and show more attack-minded plays and creativity as he did in La Masia.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Im still not convinced. He looks very cute on the ball and is a pretty good player actually, but I kind of expect more from an attacking midfielder. Compared to Puig for example, whos pure technical brilliance, he kind of lacks something (Puig lacks other things though). Whats his ceiling realistically? For me hes another Sergi Roberto - which is not a bad thing at all.

xXKonan

Im still not convinced. He looks very cute on the ball and is a pretty good player actually, but I kind of expect more from an attacking midfielder. Compared to Puig for example, whos pure technical brilliance, he kind of lacks something (Puig lacks other things though). Whats his ceiling realistically? For me hes another Sergi Roberto - which is not a bad thing at all.
Well to be fair in his case he's getting more and more time to find his feet in La Liga and he's clearly showing more and more of his talent when the minutes are coming in.

I also consider him to be a much better talent than Roberto is in Midfield terms. Roberto made up for a number of things in pure hard work but in terms of talent? Alena beats him by quite a bit honestly.

gregorrin10

Valverde's decisions have nothing to do with actual performances, only his default preferences, which are: Roberto ahead of Semedo, Vidal ahead of Alena, and Rakitic all minutes, no matter how much he sucks, untouchable, the GOAT, Valverde's goat (actual animal this time) that is. A robot could literally make the substitutions that Valverde does every game...it's like simulating a match on FIFA.

Makes you wonder what type of message this sends to our bench players and new signings...a player can't thrive in an environment like that, knowing that no matter what he does, he still won't ever make it to gala XI. Semedo and Alena deserved the full 90 tonight no question, and we probably would've won if they stayed on.

Last edited:

God Serena

Hopefully we don't sign Rabiot to throttle his playing time.

I'm actually terrified of us bringing in Rabiot. Imagine signing Arthur, securing FDJ, and having Alena come from the B team, all at the same time, just so we could end up with a midfield of Vidal-Rakitic-Rabiot. :lol:

SeloBarca

Played really really well but got subbed anyways. That's the way Valverde works. The old under-performing dinosaurs must stay on the pitch regardless of how they are playing.

Said it before. Valverdes subs are decided before the game, unless someone gets injured.
Its always the same players that gets subbed no matter how well they played.

Home of Barca Fans