5 - Iñigo Martínez

Barcilliant

I just cannot understand why the club makes the same mistakes. It doesn't matter which board or which coach is in charge we ALWAYS look for some discount defender. It's almost as if defense is an after thought at Barca. Both Laporta and Barto are more interested in marketing and that's why they bring in attacking talent instead of building a solid defense.
I think we will challenge in La Liga, maybe even win it. In CL we will be brutally exposed again and continue to be a meme.

Sooke

I hope this is some kind of joke from Laporta. No, he is not that dumb to pay even 40-50 mil. for 31 y.o. Martines. I am sure they will find a better option for Araujo's partner.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We got Christiansen so no need to panic. Pique is here for another season, Araujo is boss and Eric can cover.

Invest in RB and get CB next year.

Nucky

Heard this was just rumours spread by the club so they can work on Kounde in peace.. Alemany is already a Barca legend..

Messi983

Romero now says we COULD sign Inigo on a free next year. This would make more sense. Pique will be gone and we can maybe get some money for Garcia if he won't establish himself this season.

Messi983

Don't get complaints, I think he's a solid signing. We needed more depth at CB. For as good as Araujo and AC are they both had injury problems and barely started over 50% of the games. Tbh Inigo missed even more time this season which could be concerning but he wasn't really injury prone so far in his career. If healthy he should be a big improvement over both Eric and Alonso as a CB 3/4 (depending on where we'll use Kounde).

I know it's hard to compare as he plays in a different system but stats wise doesn't look bad either.

a.png

And Bilbao also wins 53% of games when Inigo plays and only half of that (27%) when he's out so he's clearly very important for them.

Home of Barca Fans