5 - Carles Puyol

LaMessiah

You clearly haven't visited Catalunya before. I rest my case.
you have no case. i've spent summers in barcelona, my family is from barcelona, i watched the euros and world cup final with a bunch of people from barcelona who were rooting just as hard for them to win as any other spaniard.

but, please, continue with your assumptions.

Galning

you have no case. i've spent summers in barcelona, my family is from barcelona, i watched the euros and world cup final with a bunch of people from barcelona who were rooting just as hard for them to win as any other spaniard.

Uhu, uhu..

F

Flavia

Were they all espanyol fans?

Pepe Silvia

My comments may be stupid..but it's also stupid not to notice that in the other 2 seasons(2009/2010&2011/2012) Barca had more games because of the supercups and the CWC and in the 2009 summer Spain had the Confederation Cup also. Puyol has problems with his knees and Xavi with his soleous muscle(in the last 2 years, not only now) and it became so bad that since December that I don't think he finished more then 2 games..but yes we should be happy because after the EC, Spain is going again in countries like Costa Rica or God knows where else only for the money-because for trying new players it's definitely not(remember what happend to Pique twice this season after he went with Spain? or to Xavi before the Spanish Supercup?). If Messi has lost a lot of weight after 2 games for the WC qualification, imagine what all this travelling is doing to Xavi and Puyol, who, by the way are not getting younger.

I would also like to remember you that since the EC 2008, Xavi is the european player with most games/year(66). But we're the ones overestimating the effect of tiredness and Xavi's physical problems, it seems.

I posted this in Xavi's thread some time ago, but I don't think that anybody read it(it's an interesting article about Spain&Barca, the link between the 2 and how this link has affected our players - for good or bad):

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/featur...-spanish-stars-at-risk-of-burning-out?cc=5739
great post

barcaboy15

My comments may be stupid..but it's also stupid not to notice that in the other 2 seasons(2009/2010&2011/2012) Barca had more games because of the supercups and the CWC and in the 2009 summer Spain had the Confederation Cup also. Puyol has problems with his knees and Xavi with his soleous muscle(in the last 2 years, not only now) and it became so bad that since December that I don't think he finished more then 2 games..but yes we should be happy because after the EC, Spain is going again in countries like Costa Rica or God knows where else only for the money-because for trying new players it's definitely not(remember what happend to Pique twice this season after he went with Spain? or to Xavi before the Spanish Supercup?). If Messi has lost a lot of weight after 2 games for the WC qualification, imagine what all this travelling is doing to Xavi and Puyol, who, by the way are not getting younger.

I would also like to remember you that since the EC 2008, Xavi is the european player with most games/year(66). But we're the ones overestimating the effect of tiredness and Xavi's physical problems, it seems.

I posted this in Xavi's thread some time ago, but I don't think that anybody read it(it's an interesting article about Spain&Barca, the link between the 2 and how this link has affected our players - for good or bad):

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/featur...-spanish-stars-at-risk-of-burning-out?cc=5739

Well, I'll admit it - a very well reasoned post and you've kinda convinced me though I was referring more to people saying they don't want Pedro / Villa to go to the Euros. I mean Pedro!? The guy who has really suffered confidence wise this season, they want him to then be dropped from the national team cus they think that'll help him next year. WTF?

But as I said, I definitely take your point about Puyol and Xavi who are older than the others and of course suffering injuries more often. And I 100% percent agree with what you were saying about international friendlies, I wish none of our players played a single minute in those...

Galning

Carles Puyol (34) could play his 100th and last game for ESP on 16 October at the Camp Nou, in the World Cup qualifier against FRA. [as]

Fourteen

Monster Masch
578256_329452550460551_111095378962937_780087_98924173_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans