5 - Carles Puyol

IraqiCulé

What the heck did they just see?

Gregneri, your .gif's are GOLD. You should really consider opening your own "Gregneri's Corner" thread and post all your .gif's there as well. There have been several really funny ones.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
tbh Puyol had played great as a RB and as a LB but rarely as a CB this season unless hes paired with Marquez. He just seems more assured next to the Mexican. For me Pique and Marquez would be the best partnership against Cheslea but then what do you do with the captain? LB maybe?

maz

I walk the line
Forgive me for what im about to say, but why do we need to play puyol? Last night what did he do, as captain, to inspire us to victory? He was poor for the first goal (im not excusing vv at all, but puyol hardly made things easier for him), and pathetic for the second. It was henry that scored our equaliser. I didnt notice puyol urging on his teammates. He is going through a bad season..im not saying he has completely lost it. Yes he has been good at RB and LB, but so have alves and abidal who are our natural full backs. Why do we need to play puyol? Just because he is captain? I believe there are enough leaders and inspirers in the team (henry, piqué, iniesta, messi, eto'o)... If u remember during the rijkaard reign we left puyol out for two games and we lost them both. One was against zaragoza i think. For that match our backline was awful. We couldnt play the offside trap and the absence of puyol really showed. Can u say the same for now? We are fortuante to have piqué and rafa.

maz

I walk the line
The partnership of rafa and piqué has looked good. Definitely better than piqué and puyol (see last night..and its not the first puyol has had a poor night at CB).

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I think its harsh to say he had a bad season overall. He performed very well out of position on the left and if you remember the death run in the first half of the seaosn he played very well next to Marquez. As for the match against Chelsea I would personally bench him at the Camp Nou and play him on the left at SB.

maz

I walk the line
What i meant to say is at CB he has had a poor season. When we played him at RB when alves was rested (or injured..i cant remember) he was good. He was also very good last season when played there. Same with LB. But at CB he makes the mistakes he used to but no longer can recover like he used to.

Home of Barca Fans