5 - Carles Puyol

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I can't comment on the validity of the rumor but he has been toying with the idea of ending his career w/ A.C. Milan for some time now anyways.

The move would force the club to go after 2 CBs.

F

Flavia

Md also republished this rumor. After the piece on sport I posted about yesterday, I don't know. Hope it's all BS, but his silence since february is really weird and worrying.

DucdeOrléans

Seen people discussing about that possibility in the local press and just took a quick glance at a local forum. Doubt it to be honest. Would be very unlike the usual Puyol. Unless he reached to the conclusion of him being a burden on the club.

Strange because he has consistently talked about retiring at the club since I can remember him talking about this issue.

The transitional period that the club is currently undergoing need Puyol's presence. Especially after Valdés' declaration.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He's a true leader, but if this is really true then it isn't exactly a bad thing, we are selling an old dog for some transfer funds as well decreasing the wage for transfers as well, and Puyols must be pretty high too.

Irish_Cules

If it is true I'll freak out. It would have to be something massive to make Puyol want to leave. It all points towards Rossel being a dick.

F

Flavia

He's a true leader, but if this is really true then it isn't exactly a bad thing, we are selling an old dog for some transfer funds as well decreasing the wage for transfers as well, and Puyols must be pretty high too.

Nope, it's a horrible, terrible thing. And given he just renewed, it could only happen if something really bad is going on behind the curtains.

DucdeOrléans

It would be a very bad choice for several reasons. One of the main ones and most important one is that you just can't replace the figure that is Puyol and all he symbolizes on the pitch from one day to another. This should happen gradually. We all know how important he still is during the biggest matches and his absence, not always due to solely footballing reasons, is felt hugely and has largely a negative impact. This years Cl-semifinal, regardless of Bayern being the superior team this year, would not have ended like that had Puyol played both games IMO.

Moreover the club is undergoing a transitional period. For that Puyol will be needed alone.

Also we would not gain anything financially from selling him. His contract expires in 2014, If I remember correctly, so he will basically leave for free.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Puyol, who has a 10M buyout clause, has been negotiating his transfer to Milan. He wants to join the club of his idol, Paolo Maldini [btv]

puyol and valdes possibly leaving in the same summer.. no way :hang:

DucdeOrléans

He renewed his contract, till 2016. I just don't remember seeing pics of him signing it... Will search now.

Oh well you are right, Flavia. The contract of Valdés is going to end in 2014 not that of Puyol after he signed earlier this season. Thought something was not right.

For those who want to see when the contract of player x or y is going to expire then look at the link below. Quite useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_FC_Barcelona_season#Squad_information

I need to check the Italian media to see what they write. Usually they would have got the information by now as well.

Sad, sad day if true.:(

Love the winner/character that is Puyol.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Out: Mario Yepes
In: Carles Puyol

God i love my club, with the buying of oldies :wub: Puyol has always said he likes Milan, but i don't think i'll ever fully forgive him for that terrible dive vs us.

Home of Barca Fans