4 - Ronald Araújo

Blanco

He needs Christensen back as his partner badly. They were complementing each other’s game very well.

He needs Christensen back as his partner badly. They were complementing each other’s game very well.
I agree. That young boy(Curbasi) has some talents...but completely inexperienced for the matches the inept coach is throwing him into. Why you change what was your best defence to n Europe last season??

Nazario1985

I agree. That young boy(Curbasi) has some talents...but completely inexperienced for the matches the inept coach is throwing him into. Why you change what was your best defence to n Europe last season??

Best defense in Europe playing mostly against bums.

That's not how you judge a defense, it's like saying we had a better defense than City which is hilarious as a joke.

Most fuck ups came from those same defenders from last season Specially Koundé at the start then later Araujo.

Best defense in Europe playing mostly against bums.

That's not how you judge a defense, it's like saying we had a better defense than City which is hilarious as a joke.

Most fuck ups came from those same defenders from last season Specially Koundé at the start then later Araujo.
.....whether they played against bums or not, the records state that..you can argue with the statistics, that's not my point.

Only an idiot will tweak what worked well to experiment with inexperience....

Nazario1985

.....whether they played against bums or not, the records state that..you can argue with the statistics, that's not my point.

Only an idiot will tweak what worked well to experiment with inexperience....

The record does NOT state it is the best defense in Europe ... or TOP 5 or whatever .. it is a stat in a spreadsheet and means shit

It is so stupid to say we had a better defense than City or Arsenal last year ... extremely naïve to say the least.

You can play football in a cave and concede zero goal, that doesn't make you best at anything.

That same defense would have been humiliated in CL specially if we had faced a serious attacking team like Arsenal or City or even an Aston villa or Bayer in Europa !

The record does NOT state it is the best defense in Europe ... or TOP 5 or whatever .. it is a stat in a spreadsheet and means shit

It is so stupid to say we had a better defense than City or Arsenal last year ... extremely naïve to say the least.

You can play football in a cave and concede zero goal, that doesn't make you best at anything.

That same defense would have been humiliated in CL specially if we had faced a serious attacking team like Arsenal or City or even an Aston villa or Bayer in Europa !
.....you are dancing in circles, my friend...if only you could see that. Was the defense solid last season? Answer is Yes. Did it help win 2 titles while attack and midfield were shit? Answer is Yes. Would we have fared much better if the defence this season was at same level as the last's ..again, Yes....all other gibberish you are talking comparing caves with many city or arsenal are nonsense. Argue with reasoning, my friend. That was not even my main point to begin with, you just chose to be blind to it ... Again, you can continue dancing in circles....I'm done with an argument that leads nowhere.

NKMaribor

...hmm! If Chelsea thought this way in 2012, Barca would have been been chasing its 7th Champions league trophy now, not the 6th....in 2010, Inter got a red card against Barcelona early enough in Camp nou and still won the tie, in 2015, Chelsea were the favourites to beat PSG in the second round and they were helped with a 31st minute red card to Ibrahimnovic over a stupid challenge on Oscar in London, guess what? PSG still won against all odds, with 10 men.....so many examples abound.Barca were not mentally ready to win the match on April 16th, PSG were. Making Araujos misjudgement the main reason for Barcas failure in that match, is simply, idiotic. I hope the people at the helm of affairs in Barca listen to you guys and sell him...so we can see how myopic some of you are. A sound coach would still have won that tie with two goals up.

I can also see you trying to excuse Xavi of the current liabilities.....what we heard was Xavi had a big hand in all the players that were brought in from the day he was approached by Barca to be the coach....he bought the liabilities. Period.

I would love to see prime Mou trying to repeat Inter vs. Barca with this Barca squad. Should be hilarious to watch.

I mean, why is it so hard to understand that Araujo`s action was completely moronic and something he does often, which massively handicaped and ultimately wrecked Barca?

I would love to see prime Mou trying to repeat Inter vs. Barca with this Barca squad. Should be hilarious to watch.

I mean, why is it so hard to understand that Araujo`s action was completely moronic and something he does often, which massively handicaped and ultimately wrecked Barca?
...lol! U don't need to go as far as a Mourinho, A Di Matteo will win you that easily. This is not a point for discussion anyway, events happened two weeks ago, try move on. Besides, recent results have shown that even if Araujo was not sent off, Barca would still have lost that match anyways. Coaching is the problem, until you realise that, you can keep harping on players deficiencies. The BVB team does not have as much talent as the Barca team....

Last edited:
It is hilarious to think that one player's intransigence caused the breakdown of a team that has shipped 14 goals in the last 4 matches, including comical defensive blunders. Pinning the failure of a team this poorly coached on one player is not only infantile, it exudes delusions of the highest grandeur....Araujo or not, this Barca team will be whipped silly by any team with a half decent coach.

serghei

That's the way. Cold, hard simple facts. To be great you have to beat the best at the highest level. There's no going around that.

draconifire

I've learned my lesson to consider all of our players (Araujo, Cubarsi, Yamal, Pedri, Gavi etc.) as just prospects until they prove themselves in CL versus serious opposition.
Ya exactly. Until we do better in CL or they show they are good in CL matches, no hype til then.
And I hope the board does the same with their contracts.

Home of Barca Fans