4 - Ronald Araújo

malvolio

Would start him next game ahead of Lenglet and would start Umtiti also if he can run.

Lenglet is Busi level liabilty in every game and Barca need to try and see how Araujo develops as he has pace and power and something to work on. Lenglet shouls be done at club now.

Was talking about the situation we are in. And the fact Koeman is forced to start our 4th and 5th choices at CB.

Araujo or Mingueza shouldn't start for their own good. But I guess we're past that and we experiment every game with what we got

JamDav1982

Was talking about the situation we are in. And the fact Koeman is forced to start our 4th and 5th choices at CB.

The CBs are not good enough. For me would just rather see what Araujo is as he has raw attributes that can help Barca play the way should be playing and not flogging dead horse of Pique/Lenglet etc.

This season needs now to be.. finish top four and learn as much as can about the younger players and where they are.

behindbrowneyes

completely missed his assignment on the 2nd goal.

Don't blame him for the second goal. Lenglet left the backline, so what was Araujo supposed to do? Waiting on his position or moving towards the ball? In hindsight, he did the wrong thing because his "man" scored a goal, but as a defender he did the right thing. People would blame him for his bad positioning if he didn't cover the ground Lenglet left after trying to press against the ball (which should have been the job of the midfielders in this setting).

Porque

Second goal was a clusterfuck. I mean, Araujo is basically to blame. But what if the defence is pushed up to have Ramsey offside, who is in a position interfering with play. McKennie comes in and scores, but still Ramsey is offside.

Andresito

Staff member
He was out for like 6 weeks and thrown in against Juventus next to flappy arms Lenglet. No surprise he looked a bit lost.

JohnN

Second goal was on pjanic surely.
The penalty was so soft you could wipe your ass with it. I mean, an even worse push was made on the opposite side on Messi and the ref didn't even bother looking at it.

Joan

Shame he's paired with Lenglet who's clueless most of the time when not busy taking care of the mess he created for himself. Needs to be instructed, but he's coming there.

serghei

Reminds me of Varane. Very athletic, bold, and tenacious. He needs a general like Varane has Ramos for Madrid.

vuji_31

Yeah. Although Varane us much faster at start speed. Varane seems so easy even he is 1.9m while Araujo seems pretty heavy like Van Dijk.

But concidering our defenders Araujo is prime Maldini.Great in the air.

eaman

Uses his hands to push players too much. Just like he did with ronaldo that was a foul and possible red on Willian jose. He also did it in the first half

Home of Barca Fans