39 - Héctor Fort

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi: "Hector Fort was brilliant. It’s not his position, but he did it well. He does not complicate himself, he plays easy, with personality, and without fear. He has a desire to succeed. That’s the key,”

Loki

Balde will have a serious competition going into the next season. If Cubarsi and Kounde continue to perform like that, there is no need to pull Cancelo from the left side. And that means we have 3 players competing there, even if Alonso leaves in summer.

Deco

Culé since 2005
Hector is still young, dont need push players to hard can easy burn out players and get a new Bojan situation

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would be very interested to see him on the right side sometimes. Does he have the defensive capacity of Kounde, etc.

Joan

Good thing he can rest both Cancelo and Kounde. With Balde out, they’re playing all the time.

Andresito

Staff member
Balde will have a serious competition going into the next season. If Cubarsi and Kounde continue to perform like that, there is no need to pull Cancelo from the left side. And that means we have 3 players competing there, even if Alonso leaves in summer.
It's good competition. We'll have 4 fullbacks with Balde, Cancelo, Kounde and Fort. All except Kounde versatile enough to play on both flanks. Then we also have Julian Araujo who could either take Fort's spot or Cancelo's in case we can't get him in the summer.

Also means no more Araujo RB bullshit.

jamrock

If that's the case, we'd probably move fort back to his natural position.

Fort/Kounde RB
Balde/Cancelo LB.

Not bad really

companyofcules

He needs to hit the gym and a personal nutritionist.
For me is the greatest fullback I ever saw in this shirt but he is burnt out many times and thst leads to mistakes and injuries.
Dani Alves was the most talented but you will have troubles in defence due to his offensive output. This guy is a proper fullback.

Porque

He needs to hit the gym and a personal nutritionist.
For me is the greatest fullback I ever saw in this shirt but he is burnt out many times and thst leads to mistakes and injuries.
Dani Alves was the most talented but you will have troubles in defence due to his offensive output. This guy is a proper fullback.

Just to confirm. You talking about Fort?

companyofcules

Just to confirm. You talking about Fort?
Yes, why not? Saw a ton of fullbacks but this guy is so clean in his play. He has the potential, he just needs to work hard to improve his stamina.
You can't compare his dribbling skills with Dani Alves but I think we shouldn't expose ourselves so much like in the past.

Porque

Yes, why not? Saw a ton of fullbacks but this guy is so clean in his play. He has the potential, he just needs to work hard to improve his stamina.
You can't compare his dribbling skills with Dani Alves but I think we shouldn't expose ourselves so much like in the past.

I wasn't sure if you meant Fort or Alves as you mentioned Alves in the sentence after.

I like Fort (hell, I started the thread), so all I will say is that it is a bold statement. Hope you are right.

Home of Barca Fans