3 - Gerard Pique

rixxer

But is he Barca material alright? lets face facts, Pique is nowhere near as good as he was years ago. Also what do you think is the difference between Barca few years ago ( dominant force ), and Barca now ( 7-0 against Bayern )? I think that is quite a good question..
Goalkeeper? Valdes is still Valdes, no big difference.
Attack? Messi is even better than he was then, Neymar is very good and a big talent, sanchez this season has been smoking, good subs too with pedro and tello and such..
Midfield? No big difference here, Busquets is better, Iniesta still kicks ass, Xavi might not be the player he was but he is still controling the game and having nice matches from time to time, addition of Cesc...
Defence?... well now we are getting somewhere.. Honestly, would our defence with prime Puyol, Abidal, better Pique and better Alves get buttr*ped by bayern with 7 goals in 2 matches... never.

The second sentence of your post calls others to face facts and all that follows are actually opinions. How can you only lay blame on the defence in Bayerns loss is beyond me. and to call it a fact?

Alarcón

But is he Barca material alright? lets face facts, Pique is nowhere near as good as he was years ago. Also what do you think is the difference between Barca few years ago ( dominant force ), and Barca now ( 7-0 against Bayern )? I think that is quite a good question..
Goalkeeper? Valdes is still Valdes, no big difference.
Attack? Messi is even better than he was then, Neymar is very good and a big talent, sanchez this season has been smoking, good subs too with pedro and tello and such..
Midfield? No big difference here, Busquets is better, Iniesta still kicks ass, Xavi might not be the player he was but he is still controling the game and having nice matches from time to time, addition of Cesc...
Defence?... well now we are getting somewhere.. Honestly, would our defence with prime Puyol, Abidal, better Pique and better Alves get buttr*ped by bayern with 7 goals in 2 matches... never.

We struggle to create chances let alone produce goals against big teams but yeah, sure, the defence is our only problem.

FiReFTW

The second sentence of your post calls others to face facts and all that follows are actually opinions. How can you only lay blame on the defence in Bayerns loss is beyond me. and to call it a fact?

I didn't say defence was the only reason we lost, but if you get 7 goals in 2 games then surely the defence has to be one of the main reasons for that.

We struggle to create chances let alone produce goals against big teams but yeah, sure, the defence is our only problem.

Yeah pretend like we didn't struggle to create chances before, after most teams started playing defence/counterattacking style against us, our goal scoring statistic is not much different than it was before.

Mind you im not saying we have no other problems apart from defence, im saying defence is the most obvious one and the one that needs most urgent attention.

NeyMesSis

everybody forgets that vs bayern:

- we hadnt had a real manager 5 months or so.
- messi was unjured
- Puyol, Masch (2x) and busqets, alba (1x) didnt play
- 3 goals on the first leg werent correct.

kostasgtc

everybody forgets that vs bayern:

- we hadnt had a real manager 5 months or so.
- messi was unjured
- Puyol, Masch (2x) and busqets, alba (1x) didnt play
- 3 goals on the first leg werent correct.
true ri ecently rewatched the first match and definitely we didnt deserve
that score.

CatalinR10

Piquebomber

BgTnEy6CcAAmJB3.jpg

KhaledBarca

Good performance.

He just needs to focus and really did well in the big games this season!
I was so afraid when I saw him on the ground, thought he's injured! No one can replace him, we need him in big games starting with Man City in few days!

Home of Barca Fans